1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sauna - first time

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sexybloke, Jul 14, 2012.

1. sexybloke

I've decided I'm going to a gay sauna for the first time next week (I'm 19). But I kind of have the opposite problem to most guys... I have an erection most of the day. It's easy to hide in day clothes (obviously) but I'm scared that when I'm changing & just in a towel I'll have one and it's socially unnaceptable or whatever to have one in the changing area or when you're walking round (as it's harder to disguise). Or am I worrying too much? Thanks :grin:

2. Deaf Not Blind

hi! Welcome to EC. There are lots of nice gay men who I am sure will give you advice...
    once the Mods repost this in the Advice area...

(you posted in fun & games by accident!)

I wish I could give you help but unfortunately that is something I do not have to deal with...nobody will see me at all.

3. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I moved the thread to the more appropriate section.

As for the actual question, I do feel that it won't be an issue; you'll be surrounded by other guys and they'll all have public erections from time to time. If the worse does happen, just ignore it and carry on as you would without it. I do think however that if you're worried about it, it's less likely to happen so the odds could be in your favour.

4. Deaf Not Blind

Thanks Rosina! :grin:

5. Jim1454

Hi there and welcome to EC.

I, um, can't help but think that it's going to be perfectly OK for you to have an errection at the sauna (bath house). That's kind of why guys go there. So I can't help but wonder if you might be jumping the gun a little by going yourself. If you're a little insecure about getting naked I'm wondering why you're going somewhere where you're going to engage in fairly anonymous sexual activities.

I've never been to one but that's my understanding...

6. WMort

WMort Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never been to one of those places, but there is one in my area.

Has anyone EVER BEEN THERE

7. karl178

Yes, I have been to a gay sauna before here in London where I live. I have not been to other cities so maybe there are some regional differences, but from my experience it seems that people go for a variety of reasons, doesn't necessarily mean you are looking for fun.

I am not sure I would like to have gone to one at 19 years of age, there are probably better ways to meet guys your age, but if you do I am sure you will be fine as long as you use common sense, whatever your reason for going. Nearly forgot to answer your original question, I think the only potential issue with walking around the sauna with a constant hard-on is that you might attract extra attention if you are just looking to see what the place is like.

#7 karl178, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  8. ToTheCeilingFan

From what I've seen on Queer as Folk, everyone in a gay sauna wanders around with a hard-on...but that may be exaggerated in order to engage the audience. :wink: Honestly, I've never had to deal with visible arousal since I've got lady bits, but I tend to be very easily aroused and that can be rather trying, particularly if I'm in a public place and soaking my undies just because a hot girl in a jog bra runs by. To turn off the hormones, I usually picture an incredibly sweaty, large man with food crusted around his mouth. Works every time. Good luck and I hope it goes well! <3

9. Zer0

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It truly depends if they have an open mind, anyways if it is a gay sauna(never heard of one before...) then the other people shouldn't mind (some males may find it slightly enjoyable); be CAREFUL however, some of the lesbian femals may find it offensive. But you should just try to act normal, if you catch glimpses of a guy looking at you, go up to him and start a conversation, that might take your mind off of it, you may even like him!

10. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

Haha, I was going to mention how I saw this on QAF. Gay sauna is the same as bath house-right?
    If so, I was under the impression that most people went there for sex, so it should be expected.

You could try watching this youtube video (I hope the coding works).
    [youtube]zyFBfgmWlaY[/youtube]