1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attracted to best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by m1234, Jul 14, 2012.

1. m1234

m1234 Guest

I am a girl and I know for sure that I am attracted to guys but I am also attracted to my best girl friend. The thought of being with another woman grosses me out though but for some reason it is different with her. That is why I am so confused. I kind of felt this way before about another close friend of mine back in middle school but I never put a lot of thought into the way I was feeling. I try to push my thoughts/feelings to the side so I don't have to deal with them but its really hard not to think about it.... I hate not understanding how I feel.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, welcome to the site - hope you like it. :slight_smile:

Now, as for your post. On the one hand, it's certainly not unheard of for people to first experience same-sex attractions with close friends, or to see it as specific to a certain person (even when I started seeing my first bf, I had trouble admitting I was "gay" - I was just attracted to him, with indeterminate interest in women).

When you say it "grosses you out" to feel this way, what do you mean? Can you be more specific? Have you ever explored this attraction to women, or to these two women, in any way (not necessarily physically or even in person)?