1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't want to change her, but...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JillandJill, Jul 15, 2012.

1. JillandJill

So there's this girl.
    And we have this amazing connection; we did right away. There's something really special about our relationship. But here's the thing. For example, we made plans for Saturday (you know, agreed that we'd hang out sometime that day) and then I text her about it and she will never reply... and then I went on Facebook last night at 1am and she was posting all kinds of things. Now, I know this is just who she is. She gets caught up in the moment and carried around by the flow of life and she wouldn't do anything to purposely disappoint me. Yet from my end, I am waiting around all day to hang out with her and she says "sometime tonight would be great if that works for you" so I'll say "yeah, what time are you thinking" and then I will wait and wait and wait for her to reply and it just won't happen. Maybe she will text back today and explain, but no promises. I just feel like I can't count on her, and that's something I want or need in a relationship. But I am all for letting people be themselves and not making people change.....so, advice anyone?

2. Catkin

From the sounds of it, I am very similar to this girl. I don't reply to texts for ages (I sometimes forget to look at my phone for a week) and my facebook usage is very unreliable. I often read a text, and then start going something else and forget to reply, it is honestly not intentional. I'd recommend using the most direct means of communication possible; ring her rather than texting her, or talk to her in person. If this is the only area she is unreliable in I wouldn't worry too much, some people are just really scatty or bad with technology, but are otherwise very dependable.

3. JillandJill

Yeah I would talk to her in person but the only time I can see her is when she actually replies to my texts.... And she's all-around not dependable so it's so difficult to be with her at all.

4. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ditto