1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To tell or not to tell.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gardenbookworm, Jul 15, 2012.

1. gardenbookworm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello. I've been having this internal debate with myself for almost two years now, and I think it's time I started getting some more opinions on my problem.

I'm in love with my best friend. We've been inseparable since seventh grade (about six years now) and almost two years ago I realized I was in love with her. Ironically enough, that was about the same time she told me she was asexual and aromantic.

I've been supportive and understanding, but because of the situation I never told her how I felt. We're already as close as two people can get without being in a romantic relationship, and I would never ask her or pressure her into anything beyond that.
    I don't know if I expect anything to come of a confession, I guess I'm hopeful, but realistically, telling her would change nothing between us, even if she accepted my feelings!

I don't want to create unnecessary awkwardness between us, I just don't like having this secret from her.
    Can I get some more opinions on this?

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

i say go for it !!

3. Operastar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow,

Yeah its tricky when Its a close friend but at the same time you kind of have to trust that you both can make it through the awkwardness (if the feeling isn't mutual). Does she know your openly bisexual? I personally feel though ultimately, that if its tormenting you and that you take your time expressing yourself like you did above...I wouldn't think it would go badly.

<3 All the best!

4. IrisM

Your friend has confided in you and trusted you with her feelings, and it is only fair that you should be able to tell her yours. It's hard to say how things could go, but my guess is she'll be casually flattered. If you are lucky she might have been hiding a crush on you as well. Either way, I wish you the best of luck.

Iris

5. Delta

I think you should tell her! But I think you should also acknowledge her identity and her feelings too. Make sure she knows that you respect her and you aren't expecting her to drop everything she is because of what you are. Then tell her that you like her. If she's not thinking you're trying to change her, she has nothing to freak out over. And if you're close friends, having your real feelings out in the open is all for the best. Good luck to you!