1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Whovian, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Whovian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not exactly sure if you can help with this but it's nice just to write it out anyway, if that makes sense.
    Anyway, I have a crush on this kid named Luke. He was in my English and art classes, and he was always super nice to me even though he's popular and I'm not. He'd say that he liked my shirt and smiled at me almost every day, and when I gave my presentations he was nice and would tell me I did well. One time in art class, he came over to my table and was talking to the girl across from me about a different girl who apparently had a crush on him, and he said something like "urg I don't wanna go out with her!" then he looked over at me and said "tell her I'm gay with Robert! Haha!", and he then he hugged me :grin:. Anyway I blushed, so the girl across from me said "stop it, you're creeping him out!" and I said something like"no it's okay" and he gave me a look, and I couldn't tell if it was a wierd look or not.
    So I won't be able to see him again until the middle of August got 8th grade orentation. When that happens, what should I do? Should I try to talk to him or anything? Do you think maybe he's gay too? Or is that just wishful thinking?

2. secretguyX

Well I'm not sure, his actions could either mean he's a cool popular kid who likes to be friends with a bunch of different people (including you), or that he has a crush on you and hopes that you get the hints. Its hard to tell when I don't see you guys in person. Guys do jokingly kid around about being gay when they're not though a lot. But either way, at grade 8 orientation, if you see him you should definitely talk to him! Whether he just likes you as a friend, or more than a friend, I'm sure he'll be glad to see you and talk to you again! And why not talk to him anyways? Being friends is better than nothing :slight_smile: Good luck though, you never know, there's always a chance!

3. sol4r

sol4r Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i think you should definitely talk to him! oftentimes closeted people who are attracted to those of the same gender one way or another tend to drop hints at it, or mention homosexuality often to gage people's reactions (i know i did haha). i think there could definitely be something between you two, but it's better to get close to him as a friend first so you don't scare him, heh.

4. Vanc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Definitely keep in touch with him! It might be difficult, but you could casually try to bring up LGBT topics in conversations like gay marriage etc to see what his reactions are. Maybe also let him know your views on these topics as well.