1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im scared and confused..........:(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ThtNerdMusicGuy, Jul 17, 2012.

1. ThtNerdMusicGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, i really wnat to come out but im so scared to but i want to be myself........i have not a clue what i should do.....most of my family is not accepting and so are most of my friends, and i cant lose them........i dont know what i should do? Anything is appreiciated thank u so much

2. Night Rain

How do you know they are not going to accept you?

You can't change your family, but you can change your friends. If they don't accept you, losing them is actually a good thing. I know that gay marriage isn't recognized in your state, but is everyone there gay-friendly? If they are not, I definitely don't recommend you to come out as you may have to face bullying.

You need to have some friends you can trust and come out to them only. Do you have any? You don't have to be out to everyone. Being out to some of your friends may make you feel much better.

3. ThtNerdMusicGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks :slight_smile: and yes most people here r homophobes, and i have told a few of my good accepting friends and they took it well but still i think ill wait for a while so i dont have to face any bullying :/ still thank u bery much!

4. Mackattack

Mackattack Guest

I am sort of in the same boat as you.. But the person I want to come out to is my older cousin. But I'm at the point where I think I want to come out to her and I think that in the end after I come out to her, it will be a lot more easier for me after it's all done and over with. But I'm still a little scared also.
    Good luck!

5. SunSparks

You should never come out if you aren't ready and especially if your in a situation that you would not be safe if you did.

I personally know that my family will never accept me. I know that there is no way they will change or even bother to talk to me after I do come out to that. I know that. Its just something that I have come to accept, as hard as it was. There is nothing I can do. Life can be cruel like this sometimes, but there are so many people out there that didn't even have a family to begin with. At least I will have some, maybe 21 years with mine.

As for your friends, I'm glad you have some that can help you with it. If you have an urge to come out, I think it can be relieving to just post your story on this forum, obviously containing it withing the rules and such. :slight_smile:

6. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

When you are ready you will know, you will get to a point where you don't care what anybody thinks. People may abandon you, I personally lost my friends, but that's the worst case scenario. My parents and siblings still love me and I know I'll make better friends who love me too.

If you get rejected like I did I want you to stay strong and keep your head held high. No one has the power to make you feel worthless. You cannot control how you want to love, coming out will be a journey to self discovery. I feel so much like myself now, in the end being you is much more joyous than having alot of friends who are fake and don't really care about you and the people who do care will still be there.

Stay strong, be brave and good luck! :slight_smile:

7. ReasonRules

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you have any close friends that you are absolutely sure will be comfortable with it, I would go with telling them first. It's a huge burden lifted even to tell one person, but only do so if you know absolutely their views on LGBT issues and that they can be trusted no matter what.