1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious and Frustrated

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alwaysjanedoe, Jul 17, 2012.

1. alwaysjanedoe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have always been too shy to fully explore the lesbian side of me. Now that I'm 2 years into a serious relationship with my boyfriend, I'm doubting I'll ever be able to. My boyfriend has the 'you're just confused' opinion on being by. He said he doesn't understand how you can like both sexes, and I don't believe he thinks it's a legit thing. I don't think he understands me on the level and it's disappointing/frustrating. For some reason lately I've been having so many thoughts, like maybe I should be with girls, will I ever get to discover this fully, is this what's meant for me in life. And I am sooo happy with my boyfriend, I really am. I just wanted to discover this part of me and now that we're soo serious I'm almost worried that I'll never get to or that I'd be missing out. Before him, I'd daydream of the type of girl I'd marry or the type of lifestyle I want. I'm still trying to fit him into all of that. It wasn't what I expected. With my ex-bf I was ready to dive right in. But (long story short) my boyfriend sort of stole me away from him (the ex was a jackass) and I fell inlove with him...now we're 2 years this month. Does anyone have any advice, like if you've gone through this. What did you do, did you do anything, did it pass, is it just common...??? Also, do you know anyone who has the same opinion my boyfriend does?? What do you say to that, like how can I explain this. I know what I am, I just want him to understand me yanno?

2. ToTheCeilingFan

This is just me...but your boyfriend sounds a bit biphobic. If he refuses to recognize your sexuality and continues to dismiss it as "just a phase" or "confusion", you may want to reevaluate your relationship. Just my two cents. Hope everything works out. <3

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont think your bisexuality will pass, so it depends on whether or not you are happy with your boyfriend and relationship, if you are completely happy then it shouldnt matter. If your feelings of wanting to be with a girl overide your love of him then maybe its something you need to think about more.