1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he really straight?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KatKut, Jul 18, 2012.

1. KatKut

I have met a "straight" guy and we've been seeing each other for about a month now
    and he says he's completely straight and that I am the only guy he has ever been attracted to in his entire life and we had sex twice during that month,the first time he was very macho in sex and I liked that very much but the second time we had sex it was really great at first but then he asked me to penetrate him :eek: and I am a bottom but I did it anyway(the first time in my life and I did not enjoy it I did that more like a favor to him) and I am very confused now because I thought he was a true straight man and a very macho one and then he likes to get f···· ...

what's your opinion?

#1 KatKut, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  2. Night Rain

Of course he's not straight. :lol:

3. KatKut

why do you think he's not straight?

4. Night Rain

Er, straight men don't have sex with men and enjoy it?

5. KatKut

I belive straight men can enjoy sex with anyone(I believe that a hole is a hole) I don't think all those black men in American prisons are gay or bisexual when they have sex with other inmates as long as they always act as tops,my confusion with that guy comes because he wanted to be penetrated and that does not match his personality I mean he's a tough guy and he earns his living not very legally If you know what I mean,I also saw him unconsciously cheking women's butts and boobs I am sure he likes women so that makes it a bit more confusing :confused:

6. gmac

He's gay as the day is long brooo. Like the guys who have a permanent ad on craigslist trolling for c*** but claiming to be straight .:roflmao:....idk could be bi tho

7. Night Rain

Do you enjoy sex with a woman?
    Why not?
    That doesn't mean anything. Ever heard of versatile? What you say is very stereotypical.
    There are more labels than just "gay", just so you know.:thumbsup:

8. Reader

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Um... well, he may not be gay but by god he's not straight! He may have only just realised he's not straight or something but if he's really into you then don't let his sexuality bother you, when you two get closer you could perhaps bring it up with him?

9. KatKut

I am a bottom but If I were a top don't know maybe :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Because I have always thought If a man wants a penis then he's gay...

I have been with many masculine gay guys and I myself a masculine gay guy and there's always something maybe some gesture especially for the trained eye that gives them away but that guy is 100% masculine and there's nothing that gives him away

how would you label him?

10. Night Rain

Again, there are not always a top and a bottom in a gay relationship. Many don't identify as either top or bottom. They're just men who like men.
    Yes, that's exactly what I said. Why can't they be gay or bi?

He could be bi or pansexual or anything. That's the impression I got. Only he knows what he wants, and labels are just labels, don't pay attention to them.

#10 Night Rain, Jul 18, 2012
  11. ezkill

It might be a fantasy of his to be dominated, and really have nothing to do with being the bottom. You'd be surprised at how many straight guys I've talked to that have wondered what it's like to be the bottom. There's also a huge spectrum of sexuality, so he may not be straight, or gay, OR completely half and half. Sexuality is way too complicated to be assigning labels left and right.

I had a straight friend, and yes I believe he is straight because he has always dated girls, and I am the only guy he fooled around with (past the experimental stage). But he did ask me to penetrate him twice. I suspect, again, that it has more to do with trying out the whole domination-submission idea, rather than the idea of being penetrated by a male.

12. Night Rain

I'm speechless!
    Er, the whole "always dated girls" thing isn't really the indicator of orientation...

13. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Almost certainly at least bi, more likely gay, and in the process of getting past his own denial. Straight guys don't "just have one guy they like" that they "go out with" for a month or more, and want to be penetrated :slight_smile:

14. MrPotato

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this is one of the main reasons putting a label on orientation isnt always the best way to describe preferances.

i know some "straight" guys who are in fraternities and have gfs, but kiss other guys. they also hug in public. and they admit they will never have sex with another guy, but they do a lot of homoerotic activities in public. But i also know some guys who are extremely "traditional" and will never ever walk next to another man unless a girl is present... they are the "straighter than an arrow" type.

this is one of those things i scratch my head at... and say "WTF?"

15. KatKut

...but he seems to really like women I have been observing him and I have seen him looking women on the street like a total womanizer seriously and I have nver seen him looking at other men infact he does not even seem to notice them not even the hot ones that's really confusing :confused:

#15 KatKut, Jul 18, 2012
  16. Ser Pounce

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think he's necessarily gay, but he's certainly not straight. Acting like a total womanizer could just be overcompensation, but there is a big chance he might just be bisexual/pansexual.

Not looking at men on the street doesn't have to mean anything either. Until very recently (after I came out to a few friends) I didn't do that either, although I knew I was (and am) gay. I just completely ignored that part of me for the most part, at least when other people were concerned and when I was sober.

Sadly, there are still a lot of people who are attracted to the same sex to a certain degree, but don't think of themselves as gay/bi...

17. KatKut

he does that unconsciously it's not like he wants to demostrate anything I observe him and catch him looking at women's butts and boobs in a lustful way when we're walking on the street that makes me feel really uncomfortable cause I feel like a second choice...

could anyone explain me what a "panasexual" is? :s

#17 KatKut, Jul 18, 2012
  18. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The straight male bottom bitch is something gay men sometimes have a hard time wrapping their heads around, but many straight men like getting pegged by their girlfriends. The human brain is a bit polymorphously perverse, and it's possible for guys to like the idea of being penetrated because it feels intimate while still finding the female body attractive.

He might be fantasizing about being turned into a woman and getting fucked as a woman. The active agent in his mind is still female.

Or maybe he's bi, or maybe he's a closet case. Who knows.

19. ToTheCeilingFan

It doesn't matter what kind of sex he enjoys or whether or not he wants to top or bottom: what matters is that he's having sex with a guy. He could be bisexual, or closeted, or questioning his gender -- but if he's seeking out sex with a guy then he is not a straight guy.

20. Ser Pounce

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I'd say it would even be possible that he's subconciously trying to convince himself that he likes women. But from what you describe, my bet would be that he likes women, just not exclusively.

Chosing to be with a guy when you see yourself as "straight" is certainly the more difficult choice. So I don't think you are a second choice. I can see how that would make you feel uncomfortable though.

A person who is pansexual doesn't care what gender identity their partner has. So for example they can also be attracted to intersex or transgender people.

Yes I think there are many straight men like that, but they would probably rather find a girlfriend to peg them than a guy.