1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I still care???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by loveless1937, Jul 18, 2012.

1. loveless1937

So my ex girlfriend decided that she could still tell me absolutely everything that goes on in her life. Including details about her and her new boyfriend. She decided to tell me about how they slept together without protection and now there is a very high possibility of her being pregnant. She even told me that he came inside of her. Why do I need to know these things?? What makes her think that I WANT to know???? But most of all, why do I care? She dumped me four months ago. And we only went out for a month in the first place. She thought it'd be cute if our anniversery was on valentines day. So that's when she asked me out and I was the happiest girl in the world. But honestly, it wasn't ANY different than when we were just friends except that neither of us dated anyone else. We never kissed, never even held hands. She was very much in the closet. She was always worried that her friends wouldn't like her anymore if they found out she was questioning her sexuality. But now that she dumped me (because she says she didn't want to have secerets from her family, even though she wasn't supposed to be dating anyone about two weeks later she turned around and started dating the guy she's with now) I shouldn't care about her anymore. Hell, I haven't even thought about her until she texted me for the first time in those four months yesterday. I thought I was over her. So why does it hurt me to hear that she's moved on and is sleeping with some guy?:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

I forgot to mention, she was my first and most recent girlfriend.. Does that make a difference?

#1 loveless1937, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think its understandable that it hurts. I think its just best to try and keep yourself busy.
    Try not to speak to her. If she continues to text you and talk to you about this stuff then say to her, im pleased that you are happy, but really have no desire to know the intimate ins and outs of your relationship so would prefer it if she didnt tell you.

(*hug*)

3. KatKut

when my last ex boyfriend dumped me for his ex boyfriend and then 2 months later saw a pic of them on facebook kissing I really wanted to die and at that time I didn't even remeber him anymore till I saw that pic so I guess it's normal maybe because we feel like we're the ones who deserve to have someone special on our lives to love and not them who used us and throw us like a used condom so I guess that's a mixed jealousy,we're jealous because they're with someone and we're jealous of them because they have found somebody they have moved on and we still did not... but don't worry it had only took me 2 weeks to cool down and forget about it so it will probably be the same for you :slight_smile:

#3 KatKut, Jul 18, 2012
  4. ToTheCeilingFan

My ex did pretty much the exact same thing, and was in the same situation -- I think she was trying to make me jealous while proving to herself that she could be in a relationship with a guy and thus hold onto her definition of "normal". Be direct with her, tell her that what she's doing is making you uncomfortable and that you'd prefer not to hear about the intimate details of her love life. Good luck, hope everything works out. <3

5. KatKut

she should cut all contact with that girl...
    and focus on her own life what that girl is going to do to her is bring her just problems my advise to her would be to run away from her and never look back there's probably a girl somewhere who'll really love her and who'll deserve to be loved by her...

#5 KatKut, Jul 18, 2012
  6. loveless1937

Thanks so much guys. You've been really helpful. I guess I am just jealous. Jealous that she can find someone and I can't. But who knows. Maybe someday I'll find someone who loves me as I am. I really shouldn't miss her anyway. She's turning herself into a little slut. Which really sucks because I don't want to see her go down that road. And to make the matter so much better (<-sarcastic) she still wants to be my best friend. But I don't want to hurt her feelings by ignoring her. And I feel like wanting to just be a major bitch to her. But I hate to do that. You know? I hate being a bitch to people. And I realy hate hurting people's feelings. But I'm really sick and tired of people taking advantage of that. I think it's time for me to be able to live my life without worrying about hurting people. I'm gonna just let go of her because I don't want to have to hear about her and her boyfriends and denial and whatever. Even though I hate to lose her from my life.