1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I So Dont Know

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ImNotSure1997, Jul 18, 2012.

1. ImNotSure1997

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    hi, im a questioning 14 year old guy, and i have no idea about my sexual orientation. I'm really scared out of my mind! i fond myself attracted to men, and always a little different when i was younger(i used to have tea parties, but i wanted to be british lol). i like women, but i feel more sexually aroused when I think of men. But I also feel like that with the relationships I had with girls, they felt more...real and I felt More romanticism and compassion for one another. Could this just be hormones, or could this attraction for men be real? My mom and dad have no problem with gays, so that isnt an issue, i just always wanted to have that big family in that big house with a stunning wife and KIDS...I just dont know. Please write back, i just need some guidance from people experiencing the same thing. thanks :grin:

2. loveless1937

Sure sounds real. Just because it's in your head doesn't make it any less real. There are plenty of terms that describe exactly what you're saying.. And I'd love to tell you what they are but I'm still new to the gay community so I don't remember what those terms are. It is a very scary thing discovering that you might be attracted to the same gender. Especially if you've grown up assuming that you're straight. But don't let that fear drive you away from accepting that part of who you are. If you run away from that part of you, it could wind up leading you to a place of misery. But, as lots of parents like to think, it could very well be just a phase. I hope this is helpful! If you read my threads you can see some of my story and maybe, just maybe, it'll help you with discovering who you really are.

3. Seraph

I was always thinking like you, all about a happy family with kids and my lover, but after times I found out that life is not a fairy tale, everything doesn't go as perfect as we planned, meaning right now you just have to wait and find out which way you're gonna go, it takes times you know.

Well if you KNOW that you're attracted to both men and women, then you could be 'Bisexual'. Though don't take my words for it, you need to experience it yourself. I also thought I was 'Bi' before when I thought that I can go out with anyone, then some girls asked me out but I found it weird and gross for no reason, so I realized that I can't be with a girl... From that time afterward I started fantasizing and have more feelings for guys, which now I know that I'm gay.

Its all depend on you :slight_smile:, right now I'm thinking that gender is not important anymore, the most important thing is the person you're going to love :grin: !

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

It's very tempting to want to "put up your shingle" right away, but it's not at all uncommon for people your age to simply not know yet. You've been "sexually mature" for only a couple of years or so, the equipment is still new, and your brain hasn't quite sorted out what's going on. And that's totally fine. Just consider it a learning process. Right now, you're more interested in guys than girls. Cool. Fantasize about whatever turns you on that moment. Enjoy the ride. Eventually it'll all start falling into place. :slight_smile:

Lex