1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm scared and I don't know what to do! :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nats, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Nats

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone, how are you?

I've been with my beautiful girlfriend for 9 months. She's the best person I have ever met; there's nobody like her. But, we have had problems in our relationship.
    We went to the same school, we spend most of our free times together and I loved being with her. Nevertheless I graduated and now I'll be going to university. Now, she's abroad cause of vacations and since she traveled we have had a lot of problems. We talk less (which is kinda difficult) and we argue a lot. Cause we argue a lot I started to feel less confident and start to grow apart. I told her what I felt, I told her that if we didn't do something I'll stop feeling the way I did. She did all she could, but I didn't felt her as I did.
    We couldn't talk for days and I started to get serious doubts. She came back and I told her that I was seeing her more as a friend and that I needed a break. Also, I told her that if something wasn't done I won't be able to keep going. Serious damage is done and I don't feel as much as I did.

We have talked about having a life together and I still dream about it when I day-dream. My mind goes to her almost all day... Still the fire is turning blue and I can't do much to make me fall for someone else. I can help so things get better, but I can't make myself fall in love for her.

What should I do?
    What do you think I'm feeling? A crush, in love, friendship?

Really need advice cause I don't have someone to talk to, cause my parents hate her and my friends don't like her. I don't mind that thou... I'm the one who's dating her and it only matters what I feel. Right? A relationship is between 2.

Anyway... Tell me what you think.
    Thanks. :slight_smile:

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Moving into long-distance mode is always hard. It is definitely possible to stay together, but you have to do more than just talk on the phone and say how much you love each other (not that that's what you're doing) - after a while, that alone won't involve you in each other's lives the same way as before.

At this point, I would decide if you want to continue the relationship - if you really don't anymore, then there's not going to be much you can do. Long-distance is tough, and you really need to have the drive behind you.

If you do want to, however, there are a variety of things you can do. Just as you did when you were together, plan on spending some time with each other - on skype or something if nothing else. Send each other things in the mail, including things that are important to your work/school, so you have a concrete idea of what the other one is up to. Play games together online. Have "dinner" or "movie" dates - make and eat a dinner together on webcam, or watch a movie together over the phone.

Also, don't lose sight of the smaller things - keep talking about how you feel about each other, what difficulties you're having, when you plan on seeing each other next (how far away is school for you?).