1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever feel something for the opposite sex?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Emberblaze, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Emberblaze

This is a question mainly for gays/lesbians, but all are welcome to answer of course.

But, if you're a gay guy for instance, do you ever see a girl and think "hey, she's pretty cute"?

I find myself doin that sometimes, but I don't mean it like im attracted to the girl, but I just think she looks pretty. And then if it's a girl that I'm friends with and she looks pretty, it just make me start thinkin stuff like "am I bi and not gay? am I makin up this whole gay thing? am I forcing myself to be gay for attention?"

I already know that the answer's 'no' to those questions, but I dunno. Has anyone else ever felt like this though? Sorry, I didnt mean to ramble ^^

2. Peanuts

I think people can appreciate human beauty and aesthetics in everyone. That's why you hear straight girls talking about how pretty another girl is. Even the straight guys do it, but it's not socially acceptable for them so they don't talk about it.

I do that a bit, and yeah, it makes me think again to myself, but I realize that romantic attraction could never be there as it is for girls. c: It's normal; don't worry.

3. Emberblaze

Thanks girlie! I just had to see if I was the only one or not. It just seems at every turn, there's more uncertainty of what I am. Whatever my orientation is, it's DEFINITELY not straight! ^^

But like others have told me on here on EC, I'm young, got my whole life ahead of me and no need to put labels on myself, right. ^^

4. Mogget

I can definitely appreciate the female form, and even in some rare circumstances find it arousing. I am also entirely capable of forming a romantic attachment to women.

5. Emberblaze

Yep, that's pretty much how I feel. I'm a kinsey-6 most the time, but once in a blue moon, I'm a 5.

6. Zontar

I have this fantasy of eating out a dominant girl.

That's about it, really.

7. prism

I find men attractive, but not sexually. One time when I was reading and waiting for my train, a boy came up to me and asked where the exit was. When I looked up from my book, I blurted out an awkward giggle and told him where.

However, when I find a woman attractive, I can barely speak.

8. Peanuts

Oh my gosh, this. When an attractive male comes up, I don't really know what to do with myself because I've been so used to ''assuming the straight identity''. So I'm awkward and he probably mistakes it for attraction or something silly like that. Plus, attractive people in general make me nervous, especially women. It's ridiculous.

9. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    We are cute. You can't help it :wink:

Many hetero women are the same way. Have l ever felt thought that boy was cute? No. lol.

10. sguyc

I can easily appreciate the female form, in fact there are some parts/aspects of females that I find more attractive than the male counterpart. I would say I check out both sexes equally. Even though I am almost exclusively sexually attracted to men, in real life nude women are still more interesting to me, maybe because I am used to seeing nude dudes? I mean its not very hard to qualify beauty, though my views usually clash with straight guys because I find more muscular/broadshouldered women to be more attractive than slender/no muscle women.

But getting turned on is a different story.

11. prism

1. Your icon made water go up my nose.

2. Especially with women. I either cannot look at them or I can't look away. Same with men, but I have the same problem where he'll think I'm attracted to him. Don't flatter yourself!

12. FJ Cruiser

I have been very attracted to certain girls before, and it's been confusing for me. There was this one girl in my calc class last semester that I caught myself staring at, just admiring her. And there is the occasional girl that I see that I really do want to check out, but I don't want to confuse her/be rude and stare. Honestly though, I'm pretty sure I'm just admiring their aesthetic.

For certain women, I can appreciate their beauty almost to the point of desire. In fact, I know I would enjoy cuddling with a girl. But I'm almost certain there's not enough there that I could ever maintain a romance and I know I could never carry out a sexual act. I feel hardly any of that romantic spark, and I feel no arousal whatsoever. The only exception to the arousal statement was when I saw Hayden Panettiere's cleavage in a certain scene that I can't remember at the moment. :grin:

So all that's to say, yes, I know exactly where you're coming from, but for all intents and purposes, I'm a Kinsey 5.5+.

13. JillandJill

It's so good to hear that I'm not the only one! I work at a rec center, and no attractive females ever come in, it's always guys! I have no difficulty appreciating their good looks but that's as far as it goes. I never picture them naked or picture me on dates with them so there you have it haha.

14. Meropspusillus

I had some pretty major crushes on girls during high school-- though it hasn't happened for quite a while.

15. Hiems

Yeah. I have a good friendship with my friend. She is pretty, hardworking, and kind. I share a similar past with her of being bullied, but for different reasons. In that sense, we are close. Sometimes I have feelings for her, but overall I do not think I would go beyond the friendship we have now.

When I find a guy attractive, I actually start sweating a little bit and do quick glances. I guess that sounds stalker-ish, but I cannot help myself >.<

16. confusedlady

confusedlady Guest

Well I'm still questioning and not really sure. When it comes to the opposite sex I get butterflies still and if I'm attracted to them I do think about having sex with them. I don't know if I'm aroused or not but just some type of attraction to sleep with them. I'm really not that attracted to a man's body, its more of his mind that makes me want to sleep with him.

#16 confusedlady, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
  17. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, roughly as strongly and as often as with men, if not slightly moreso.

18. Emberblaze

Heh, it's funny, cuz recently I been feelin like i've been having feelings for this one girl, but she's also my friend so it's hard to say what it is. I'm not the type of person that can understand his own emotions ^^

So the confusion continues, but ah well, I've got my whole life ahead of me

19. NickD

I know I can definitely appreciate a pretty woman, but It just doesn't feel the same as when I see a good looking guy. I admit, it's a bit weird for me as the only person I've ever really loved is a girl. We connected emotionally, she's pretty, and is one of the few people that "get's me." But I could never take it to the next level; it felt like making a move on my sister in a lot of ways...

REAL romantic love is something I can't really put into words. It's a combination of mutual emotional and sexual attraction that just syncs in a way beyond "she's hot" or "he gets me."

We in the gay and lesbian community occupy an unusual place. Everyone, gay or straight, can appreciate a good looking specimen, but we have the advantage(?) of kind of living on both sides of the spectrum. Most of us have lived both lives (straight and gay), but have ultimately felt more comfortable attracted to the same sex. But those echoes of the straight past keep reverberating despite who we have found ourselves to be. We feel the need to be sexually attracted to a hot guy or a pretty girl, but isn't it possible that we're confusing sexual attraction with just acknowledging an attractive person? As I see it, acknowledgement does not equal attraction.

Sorry for the long rant, but your post really got me thinking, lol!

20. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

It's more of, I can tell when a guy looks good or when he doesn't, but I'm not attracted to them at all. I think everyone is that way. Each person is attracted to whatever they may be attracted to, but everyone is wired to appreciate a beautiful person when they see them. Attraction is the only difference, a gay guy or girl can find certain people of the opposite sex good looking, but they're not attracted, same goes for straight guys and girls, they may find certain people of the same sex good looking, but there's no attraction.