1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugh totally feels like I'm lying to her.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fallible, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Fallible

So I've been texting this girl that I met online. She knows me only as a guy since I put on my profile that I was male (I've been having gender issues lately so I decided to experiment online). So we've been talking quite a bit lately and we've flirted a little. She doesn't know what I look like yet because I haven't sent her pictures/had any pictures on the website we met on. The thing is, it feels like I'm lying to her every time I talk to her. It's like I feel bad that I told her I was a guy even though I'm physically female. It kind of feels wrong, but sometimes I'm just so uncomfortable with my female body. Ugh, should I tell her that I'm questioning my gender or should I just keep talking to her? It's just that I don't want to become good friends with her and then randomly tell her that I'm not physically a girl. Advice please?!

2. SydneyChick

SydneyChick Guest

I think it's probably best to tell her to be honest,
    It would be really hard.. but it's better her finding out now than later, especially if she falls for you. At the moment, she knows you for your personality, right?
    Everyone has different values and beliefs but generally I think if I liked someone personally, it wouldn't matter about their physically. But that's me.
    I think it would be good to tell her, and it will unload a lot of stress that you might be feeling as well. Be prepared that she might stop talking to you or freak out though. Anything could happen depending on her general personality. Nevertheless, there are a lot of understanding people out there. Give it a shot, I think. If she doesn't converse with you after, that's her loss!