1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camping Trip Gone Wrong?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JamesP, Jul 22, 2012.

1. JamesP

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey everyone, this is my first post on EC but with that I just wanted to say Hi in the first place :slight_smile: Anyway, on with the story... ( But first I feel I should give some background information, sorry P: )

Basically Iv liked this guy in my class for about 1 year or so, he is a great guy and he is their for me whenever Iv had family related problems or anything has gone wrong. Everyone in my class thinks he is gay but he has had girlfriends and most of his friends are girls but with this he acts generally more feminine around people and around our 'social group' in school. I think he has given me mixed messages for the past month or so from which he says things like 'not even we are as gay as that' and we always sit with each other whenever we can. As well as this in the past 2 weeks we always seem to catch each others eye and hold contact for what feels like forever but its more of an awkward thing than anything. I constantly make him laugh in a good way but nobody really gets our jokes so its kinda awkward when he bursts out laughing in the middle of class but we both find it funny, as well as this he dresses neat all the time and is very picky about clothes. I could go on for ages but im really tired from what happened and still feeling a bit sick and tired :sleep: Oh and side note, he is my sisters friend as well because he is feminine but that doesn't annoy me too much...

Anyway on with the story, a couple of days ago we left for camping and since I could invite a friend I instantly thought of him since he is my best friend, everything was normal until we got drunk. This is where the story kinda gets blurred for me >_> anyway from what I can remember is that we went of together and went back to our tent which we shared with some other people 'not there at the time' and he asked me if we wanted to carry on drinking, since me liking him in this way I said sure and we chatted for a while and carried on being drunk :bang:

After a while he tells me he needs to tell me a secret but he doesn't know if he should because of what I will say, after a bit of drunken convincing on my part he finally tells me and he says that he is 'bi' and that I'm not the first to know and that he used to fancy a guy in our class which I don't like. Anyway after a while I told him that I had a secret as well but I made him guess, after a while he asked me if it was the same as his and I said kinda, then he says does he like 1 person, and I said yes because well, he is the only guy I would ever think of being with. This was all while laying on his chest which was amazing from what I can remember :3 and after I said yes people start coming into the tents which kinda annoyed me and since I was drunk got me into a huff and I went to bed :dry:

In the morning it was really awkward and I didn't talk to him about it and went home later that day, I cant stop thinking about him and I don't know if I should talk to him about in person which is kinda embarrassing or over something like Facebook. As well as this I still don't know if he likes me or not because when we were drunk he didn't say anything about liking me back from what I can remember.

So really I don't know what to do or say to him... :help:
    Also.. was this a good thing or a bad thing D:

2. cscipio

Doesn't sound bad to me. Invite him out for a drink in the next couple days and talk with him.

3. Ianthe

Hi, Welcome to Empty Closets!

Hang out with him some more and see if you can have a similar conversation while sober.

Or just ask him out, since you know he likes guys and at least will not be offended. If he says no, just don't make a big deal about it.

It all sounds very promising, frankly.

Do you have his cell phone number? Can you send him a text message?

From what you said you didn't actually say you like him, either, just that you like "1 person," or whatever.

My best advice is that you ask him to go on a date with you. It's best to just start with asking for something that is not a big commitment.

You could ask him (or send a text message): "So I was thinking maybe we could go [do x] and it would be a date. Would you like to do that?"

That way he doesn't have to decide right away if he wants to be in a relationship with you, you are just asking for a first date.

4. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds to me that he's just as nervous about "speaking the truth" as you are.

It sounds to me like there is a genuine affection between you which could grow into love, and an opportunity for you both to explore your sexuality.

Just do whay you'd normally do - call round for him, do homework together, behave like you did before.

And I agree - you need to have the same conversation without the alcohol and in a place whether you are safe and unliekely to be interrupted.

Whatever you do, don't make him feel awkward for telling you something - he trusted you and you must now take responsibility for that trust. :thumbsup:

5. Night Rain

It's Camping Trip Gone Right! Lol!

6. JamesP

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks :slight_smile: I will definitely ask him if he wants to meet up or something, thanks for all the help! Also I will try keep you updated... Wish me luck aha P:

7. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck to both of you :thumbsup:

8. JamesP

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Grr, trying to talk to him but I dont know what the hell to say since I kinda wanna speak about what happened at camping and asking him out! :frowning2:

9. Night Rain

Erm, tell him you want to speak about what happened that night?