1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Men and Woman of somewhat long-distance partners! I call upon you

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Koll, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Koll

Hey guys :slight_smile:

To put it all really short; My boyfriend lives an hour away in Guelph. I live in a town north of Guelph, and I go for my G2 (License) shortly (Aug 3rd). I own my own car, I however can't operate it alone legally..

Needless to say, Cab-trips are burning a huge hole in pockets (80$ trips? Yeah.) and I want to see him this weekend.

My parents are working, so I can't be dropped off Friday and picked up Sunday. I'm considering asking my father to Detour around when he drives to work (He works in the city over, Waterloo) but that would be hard on time schedules because I would end up in Guelph at 6am.. And would leave at 7pm the Sunday after.

Anyone have some ideas of getting me down there?

#1 Koll, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. King

King Guest

Is there a bus system, like the Ontario Northland station? I don't think they're that expensive, mind you I've never taken one by my sister has plenty of times to visit her friend out of town.
    That's pretty much the only way I know... Unless your boyfriend can drive to pick you up?

King x

3. Raindrop

Is there any family you can stay with in Guelph until an appropriate time? I'm trying to think of cheap transport...

4. Koll

Unfortunately, No. He's 21 but never needed a vehicle, so he still has his G1.

I live in Drayton (Wellington County) and there isn't even a bus system that goes through my town. :frowning2:

I don't have family in Guelph at all, no.

I don't mind bumming about until lunchtime if I needed to.. Just didn't really want to be alone in the city at 6am.

#4 Koll, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  5. King

King Guest

You could always bring a book, or your iPod or something, and find a diner or something and just take your time eating, you know? If you even need ideas of what you could do.

King x

6. Koll

Yeah that's what I kinda figured what I would have to do.

6 hours of waiting around in Guelph.. oi

7. BudderMC

Lol, Guelph. Isn't Guelph kind of out of the way of Waterloo? Unless my geography's all messed up (which could be the case, I've only been to Guelph a handful of times).

Anyway, these are the things I thought of:

1) Why can't he come visit you instead of you visiting him?
    2) Can't you take a GO bus there (or some other transport) that's not a taxi to go visit him? Guelph is a university city, I'm sure they have a major bus station... even if Drayton doesn't, you could always taxi to a larger nearby city and go from there, it'll probably be much cheaper in the long run. I could bus from Hamilton to Niagara for about $10.

8. Koll

Well this is the thing.

A taxi from Drayton to Waterloo is 90~$
    A taxi from Drayton to Guelph is about the same price, a little less.

He took a taxi to see me last time. That's far too expensive..

Guelph is a bit closer to Drayton than Waterloo :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: