1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nicky1977, Jul 23, 2012.

1. nicky1977

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have known since my school days that i was a lesbian or at least bi. Im 34 now and have two failed marrages under my belt and now living with another guy. I have two fantastic children from my first husband and they are my whole world. I have never been brave enough to be myself, there has always been a reason or excuse depending on how you look at it, my family wont except me, my community wont except me or the kids will get bullyed at school. Its strange because in all other aspects of my life im a very strong person. The go to girl when all my friends have a problem. The last two or three years have been really hard to sit on my feelings but still cant seem to bring my self to take the big step. The thing is at the moment i am the full time carer for my father-in-law. He is 94 and has numerous medical problems. What ever my needs are i could not leave my man now not with his dad being so ill and of course i love dad to bits. Im starting to wonder if i will ever be able to be my self and the more i think about the half life im living now and the full life i could be living the more depressed i get. Some times i read posts on here and it makes me feel better about my self but also sometimes it just makes me think about what life could be like even more and gets me down. I just dont know what to do. xxNxx:bang:

2. Rygirl

Hi Nicky,

I can't give you solutions or advice, as I've never been in your situation. I have to say I don't think much of people who would harass children because they have a problem with who you are. In any difficult situation where I'm caught between the rock and the hard place the philosophy I always follow is listen to your gut and follow your heart.

You'll be in my prayers (if that's okay with you).

3. nicky1977

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you. A prayer can only ever be a good thing so yes thats ok with me. (*hug*) xxNxx

4. BBird75

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Nicky,
    There are some similarities between our situations. I have two brilliant kids. I have one failed marriage (my son's father, who I left to begin my first lesbian relationship) and one which I am currently in the process of messing up!

Read my other posts for more information. Rygirl is right - you can only listen to your heart, although I struggle with this a lot of the time too. I have no answers for you I'm afraid - just empathy! (Sorry!) :S