1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overly Jealous Ex...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by secretguyX, Jul 23, 2012.

1. secretguyX

So I've posted about this guy before, but I broke up with him about a month ago.

Before we broke up:
    1) He punched my friend because he thought we weren't just talking.
    2) He said "you better not be with guys" when he was asking who I was hanging out with.
    3) Got jealous anytime I got a text from one of my best guy friends "X", and wanted to know what we were talking about.
    4) Wanted to know what a long message between me and my friend "A" (girl) said, because he thought it was about him.

After we broke up:
    1) My friend "J" posted a truth is on my wall, complimenting me a lot saying I was beautiful and etc... and he didn't know how I didn't have another bf already. And (possibly kiddingly) admitted he was being a bit of a flirt. (That's just naturally his personality though).
    Anyways, my ex comments that when he can he's gonna beat "J" up, then saying he was pissed off cause his "friend" "J" was "flirting" with me, then I say my guy friends are allowed to be nice, and that he should stop being so jealous, then "J" says to leave me alone cause we're over, then my ex calls him a dick.

I thought that breaking up with him would end this annoying jealousy, but nope, he continues and continues. I don't know what to do. He says he would stop if I went back out with him, but that's not happening. And I feel bad for my friends that he's being like this.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, I remember this guy.

This jealousy is all about control, and breaking up with him won't make him stop wanting to control you.

Quite frankly - and I don't mean this to sound like I'm blaming you - why are you still friends with him on facebook? He's going to find any excuse he can to pry his way into your life somehow, so if you're really looking to end his jealousy, then don't give him any openings.

Beyond that, I would tell somebody about his threat to beat "J" up. He's already been physically violent towards a guy he was "just jealous" of, so who's to say you shouldn't believe him?