1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i know when i should make an effort to talk to the person i like?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by heygirl128, Jul 23, 2012.

1. heygirl128

heygirl128 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I hate not knowing whether to be the one to make the first effort to text or talk to the person i like, or if i should just let things be and see when i see her next time. Part of me wants to make the first effort so to remind them that i havent forgot about them, but at the same time i say to myself, if they really wanted to talk to me then they would text me. But then i think that what if they are thinking the same thing about me? I dont want to look annoying or vulnerable and sometimes i worry if i text them first that i will look annoying. It is also hard since this person is very flirty to me at times, and other times is very nervous and shy and avoids me. ( i think part of that is because they are in denial or the closet about being a lesbian). She knows i am a lesbian and acted very shy to me from the start ( i am very girly looking though). Me and this girl have hooked up before (and she made all the moves on me) long story short but she avoided me like the plague for over a year after the night we hooked up, but now she is back in my life now. She obviously hasnt accepted that she is gay yet but When i see her in person, at times she acts awkward shy and avoidy , and other times (usually when nobody is around) she ran up to me picked me up and gave me this huge hug almost knocking me to the ground! totally surprising me. Those are just some examples. When she avoids me or acts awkward or shy in person, it makes me think she hates my guts, but i obviously know she doesnt because then she would never be warm to me. And when she is warm it makes me think i should make more of an effort. The reason i think she doesnt text me first is because she is trying not to have feelings for me? what do you think? I just dont know what to do. But yeah any advice would help. ?

2. Rygirl

Hi,

It does sound like she is having problems accepting herself, and it sounds like both you and her need a friend right now. Do you have any common interests with her? If I were in your shoes, then I would try to make it as easy and comfortable as possible for her to be around me. Offer to meet up and just hang out, maybe do a movie marathon, things like that.
    And most important of all, look after yourself, it may be completely unintentional, but her emotional yoyoing could inadvertently end up hurting you.

3. heygirl128

heygirl128 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    thanks RyGirl :icon_bigg, ur advice was very helpful and provided insight. ! i agree with what u said, it is hard though since she seems to even be scared to hang out with me. I have just been taking it slow and letting things play out. it is obvious she wants me in her life, but the fact that we do go long periods without talking makes me doubt it sometimes. I say to myself, if she really cared about me, then she would make more of an effort, but then i have to remmember that she clearly is having issues with her sexuality, and she has come a long way from the point she was, she used to avoid me like the plague.