1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helping a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SecretColor, Jul 24, 2012.

1. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    So one of my closest friends has been talking to me about being confused about his sexuality, about thinking he was multisexual, and other things. Today, we were talking on Facebook, and I mentioned that I'm thinking of going to an adult store. Apparently this tapped at the stem of whatever's bothering him, because he said he was "super-totally interested" then not sure. And he talked about being confused, and not being sure what he's confused about.

I want to help him, but whatever realization process he's going through, it sounds a lot more convoluted than the one I went through, and I'm not entirely sure what I can do. Does anyone have advice besides the standard "if you want to talk, I'll listen" ?

Thanks.
    Twisty

2. Gen

Gen

I didnt quite get the adult store situation. But it just seems like he is at a very confusing point in his life and will eventually get through it. Theres not much you can do other than listen and help in any opening he gives you. If he is really lost and frustrated, than you can offer to listen and give him your opinion. If he seems down about it than be there to talk it out with him. Many times talking and describing our confusion or situation to others the best way to explain it to ourselfs.

Ultimately, he will have to come to his own conclusions, on his own time. Though you can also remind him that if he cant explain it, its still ok. He doesnt have to figure or label himself if he either doesnt want to or cant explain it.

3. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    I only mentioned it in the first post because we sometimes talk about sexual stuff because we're both comfortable talking about it, and sometimes tease each other about different things. I expected the "I'm super-totally interested" (because he's often sarcastic when he says things like that), but I wasn't expecting the confusion on his end. I mean, I just want to know what I can do to help lessen his confusion, and that's it.