1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About Me at school

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bsprouse, Jan 20, 2008.

1. bsprouse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i am a student and everyone MAKES fun of gays. what do i do i cant let anyone know cause no one around here accepts it

2. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    people make fun of gays everywhere to some extent. Generally, where do you live? is it somewhere like Texas, or a somewhat accepting environment?

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    At some point, you are just going to have to say "that's not nice".

4. Brett

I know what you mean. I'm from a small town in Texas, and people here think that being gay is some huge sin, but it's not! I wish had had some advice for you, but all I can give you is support. PM me if you ever wanna talk.

5. Crazyfoo

Doesn't happen like ever two minutes, but it does. I just don't pay attention to it. It doesn't really bother me at all, anyway.

6. Bader

Bader Guest

ya i agree with Crazyfoo just ignore it ,if you are planing to tell everyone then expect alot of it, if its anything like life in here.

7. Wired106

hey bsprouse, just don't make it noticeable. Act straight, if you know what I mean. That's exactly what I do at my school because I go to an all GUYS high school, so if I was outed or if anyone found out then... I don't even want to think of what people would say there. It's not too bad keeping it in in high school. I don't really mind, except 2 of my close friends kinda know.

8. chobbs

Out Status:
    Some people
    i feel for you brother.

you gotta realize (and i do too) that other people have no control over your life. what you do is up to you, and you can leave as soon as you get out of school if you want to.

don't let other people dictate your happiness (easier said than done, i know)

9. sexyalex

ummm, i will not say i understand what u are going through because i will never see it ur way. i am not you.

however, here at my high school it's a dog eat dog situation and homosexuality where i live is completly against the law. there are parties fighting for constitutional rights of gay people but for now it's illigal...so is bugary(however its spelt).
    I know it sounds crazy how can homosexuality be against the law, but my country is burocratic and mixies the bible with the law. i don't see how this is so because in england homosexuality seems to be somewhat accepting and my country is a birtish colonial island.

at school, (this is where the drama comes in) i have no idea if it's safe to come out yes or no. simply because at my school i used to be teased allot for being queer but i sorta fixed that problem. further more, even stealing all the popular guys gf never got me acceptance the things i see they do; so like kissing and feeling up each other and SPITTING in each others mouth(swaping)....when those actions are questioned they claim it to be so call "messin around" and worst, people beleive them. these are guys who get away with anything done in school because of their parents wealth. and i am not talking about common people here, i am talking about kids of politions, business men and women and top atternies. these are also the same kids who turn around and pick on others and call them queer.....maybe because ur hair is too neat or.....ur skin is clean....or u have good hygine and attire or.....ur a tad bit quiet etc.:dry:

truth is....personally i rather keep my sexuality to myself. my high school has over 3500 students and between my friends and myself, we would never date not 1 student from Ardenne. girl or boy; Most of them are just the same....peer pressure driven.

#9 sexyalex, Jan 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2008