1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jvn95, Jul 26, 2012.

1. jvn95

My friend is asking me what's up.

About a month ago, when I broke up with my girlfriend, she helped me alot, she helped me gather the courage to do it. She was there for me.

And when I did, I was about to tell her I was gay, But I chickened out, Mostly because I am still figuring out if I am Bi or not. And ever since she will occasionally ask what I was about to tell her. After I chickened out, I told her that I was extremely sorry and I would tell her eventually. But I'm still figuring it all out. And I can I am upsetting her, because I usually tell her everything. I told her not to worry about me and be patient. But she is worried about me. I don't know if I should tell her or not. Another factor holding me back is that she is VERY christian. She is tolerant, and kind, and has gay/Bi friends, but still...

I don't want to ruin our friendship, I don't know for sure that it will, I also feel guilty that I have told three other people before her.

This is giving me more stress about everything right now. I just, I want to tell her, but I don't know that I should, I'm trying to trust my gut, but my gut is just been tense for the past month I can't feel what is right, I just feel like sleeping all day and shutting everything out. Will telling more people help me accept myself? Or will it make me feel worse? I don't understand myself now much less what to do.

What do you think?

2. Lad123

If she has gay/bi friends then it shows that she has no problem with it so I think you should tell her. If anything it would probably strengthen your relationship because you trust her enough to tell her such an important secret.

I guess telling more people can help you to accept yourself (only if they accept you of course) because it means you have more people to rely on for support.