1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Start

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by heaven, Jul 26, 2012.

1. heaven

So i guess i just joind but i have had these emotions in me for a long time! ok so i just recently broke up with my girlfriend (im a guy) i really loved her but i dint feel the spark but i really felt like she was in love with me but when summer came and i left on vacation to my dads in canada i stated feeling differennt. i started looking at guyz... usually i would just get a quick glance and memorize them in my head but now i just stare. i feel like a complety stocker!:confused:

but i guess thats not where it ends i met my girlfriend at school when i dint have any friends so i met all my friends through her so im not sure who i can talk to and i really dont want to come out at school i am already treated like im gay i cant imagine what would happen if i came out!!!!!:dry:

at my school there are gay people but the only one that iv met are either so girly that i guess they might as well be girls or completely non existent:icon_sad:

so yeah that is my situation im coming back in a couple of days home where i am going to have to face all of them what do i do, how do i act, and most importantly should i just ignore them and try to make new friends????????:help:

2. Luke Matt

I sometimes wonder if it's even worth coming out..I mean..

I'm a straight-acting/masculine guy who gives off no signs of homosexuality (I don't think so..?) & no-body suspects I'm gay. The only gay people I know (of) are extremely feminine/girly (which is a real turn off to me, anyway) & so even if I did come out, I still don't have anyone to date..

Maybe just think about it for a while? That's what I'm doing atm; I'm not really prepared to come out JUST YET.

Anyway, I know how you feel dude..

Luke.

3. heaven

Thanks I feel like you right now but at some point of my life I want to be out there! Not just for being out there but for being able to share experiences a new way. But besides that yes we are in the same boat wich sucks but I think everyone talks and acts differently so everybody has different taste, thanks for the advice Luke

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! One important thing to remember is to take it slow. You have noticed several things about your feelings, including that they have started to change. Explore these feelings, by talking note of the different feelings and perhaps even trying to talk to someone. Maybe try speaking with a school counselor or with a teacher that you trust. As you become comfortable with your sexual identity, and the feelings you are experiencing, you will begin to feel ready to come out. Become comfortable with yourself first.

Does it matter that your peers who are gay, act feminine? Not really. What would matter is for you to start thinking about how you can connect with them, and have someone to talk to about some of the things you are experiencing. Yes, EC is a great place to do so as well, but having someone sitting right next to you, and you listening to his or her experiences, can be an eye opener. Being able to relate will help you to place your own feelings in a context. Is there a Gay Straight Alliance (or LGBT group) at your school? Some of them, might even become an important part of your support network.

I don't think you should ignore people or try to avoid them. Try to be your usual self, and talk with the people around you. It is easier said than done, now that you have become aware of what's going on within you, but ignoring people is not going to help you. Maybe now than ever will you need people around you.

You will be able to come out to your friends and your family at some point. One day you will be able to share your own experiences with others as well. But try to take it one day at a time for now.