1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My best friend thinks Im a lesbian and shes flirting with me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Brooke, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Brooke

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My friend has always thought I was a lesbian and has always joked/made fun of it. Ive dated quiet a few guys but it hasnt lasted long, I have thought of girls before but I dont know if I actually have feelings or its just a faze. recently my friend has started flirting with me, I dont know if shes actually flirting with me or shes trying to find out if im a lesbian, Im scared if I go with it she will tell everyone…I know thats a bad assumtion but shes kinda that type of friend. Now that shes flirting with me I've kind of started thinking about her and Im scared that Im just gonna get hurt. what should I do?

2. Gen

Gen

I'm alittle confused with the sexuality and lesbian thing, because I'm not sure what you were before or are now.

But regardless of all the specifics, if you feel like it something that wouldnt be a good idea to do than you shouldnt. Personally, from what you have said it seems like she is pressuring you do something, and it the type that will be so open with it that everyone will find out. I wouldnt recommend experimenting with someone like that because of multiple reasons.

First, often times when dealing with people who are pushing us into something we eventually start to think that maybe the are right. Maybe we do feel that way? But in reality we are only questioning ourselfs because they are. Secondly, if you are scared that she might be the type to tell everyone, than she probably is. Its not even a closets/open issues, rather a issue of consideration and privacy when people go around telling thier relationships with everyone without their "other" around.

At the end of the day we all have to make our own decisions, but if you have doubts about a possible relationship before it even begins than its probably not the best idea. I hope everything goes well though :slight_smile:.

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm confused as well because your gender says male, so how can you be a lesbian? However, I'd say keep your guard up, but obviously, don't do something you're not comfortable doing. If you have to question whether it's okay to do so, then go with your gut feeling. Your instincts are usually right, well...at least for me.

4. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    I am totally lost here, because you're gender says male. We also don't know your sexual orientation.

5. Peanuts

OP, are you FtM? Or is this a simple case of misclicking?
    Either way, I say proceed with what you are most comfortable with. If she's not trustworthy, then don't trust her with this kind of information. Don't feel pressured to do anything if you don't want to do it.