1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a problem

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by allyson, Jul 27, 2012.

1. allyson

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been having a problem lately,a man has been asking me on a date and I said no several times.I don't need to be caught in a scandal,this man "Ned" is married to his wife for 20 years with 3 children.He knows I am a guy living fulltime as a woman.I can't stand it and he needs to leave me alone.Has sent me I love you cards which I shreded and I believe he is obsessed with me.I am courious having a supportive girlfriend Julia whom is bisexual liking women too.My girlfriend said I did not need to be in a scandal involved in an affair.He started doing this a couple weeks ago and the cops have been called out once so far.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So what's the problem? Tell him "I'm not interested, I never will be, and I need for you to respect that and leave me alone." If he persists, you can add "I don't know what part of "no" you don't get, but if you persist, I'll have no other option but to contact the police. I'd rather save us both the hassle, so please just leave me alone.

Your life, your body, are 100% yours. You don't have to do anything with anyone that you don't want to. Sometimes it's hard to assert oneself with jerks like this guy, but sometimes you just need to do it.

3. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

Best way to handle that is to be assertive and don't let him off easily. You make it clear to him, no you are not interested and you won't be interested at all. Constantly be assertive, if the probably persists, then the police definitely should be contacted, there's no reason to deal with a obsessive person who you have no interest in associating yourself with.

4. allyson

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He is getting it finally,had a talk last night and I told him that I am not interested.Realized cheating on his wife was not a good idea.