1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook relationship status

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by oblina, Jul 27, 2012.

1. oblina

Do you change your facebook relationship status? I am out with my family and my friends but I am afraid of employers or external christian family seeing it. What is your opinion? I'm really happy with my girlfriend and don't feel comfortable saying I am single, but I know if I say i am in a relationship I will get a barrage of questions. What do you think/do?

2. castle walls

You could always have your relationship status not listed. That is how I have mine set up

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! What it comes down to is as to what you are comfortable with. Nothing else. If you are worried about your extended family seeing it, and having some repercussions from that, then maybe wait before changing your status on facebook. That said, if you really wanted to change it, you could also customize as to who sees that change and who doesn't (if it allows you to do so). :slight_smile:

4. SportyGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had the same problem. But when you think about it you don't need a social networking website to say it's official, don't feel pressured that you have to do it. If you feel comfortable putting it on then go ahead, but if not leave it be. But remember Facebook dosnt say it's official, you do :slight_smile: also on Facebook you can even chose an option that says something like "do not show relationship status" or something like that. I hope I helped :s