insomnia

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wherewulfe, Jan 20, 2008.

1. wherewulfe

ive been having troubles lately.

going to bed has become harder and waking up is more difficult even if i dont drink any caffiene. this has been going on for about 3 months now, but ive always had a little bit of insomnia but its never gotten this bad. a few days ago it got bad to the point of hallucinations. which provided the trippiest 3 hours of my life so far.

ofcourse when i try to talk to my mom about how this is effecting me that i could use something like pills or even bendryll (yes it does work according to my therapist, and im fully aware of the dangers of pills but think, what's worse, no sleep or a drugged sleep)

currently its 2 in the morning and im listening to manson and having a complete lack of desire to fondel scrotums so can anyone help?

2. Blitzkrieg

I used to be a complete insomniac, stay up all night go to school the next day. The way I helped myself get to sleep when I was fed up with not sleeping was to go running. I would exercise every day to tire myself out, then I would take two NyQuil, which work pretty well to put you to sleep. Soon after I didn't need the pills anymore, and now I just run away from the insomnia every day on the treadmill. Exercise really helps!

"having a complete lack of desire to fondel scrotums" :lol: lol

3. wherewulfe

thanks for the advice but i used to do that and all it makes me more awake because of the blood flowing quicker and the heart racing.

any other advice?

4. Levi

Levi Guest

I can't help, but I've been up for 41 hours straight now and cant sleep so I need some advice as well. I will see the doctor in 4-5 hours, so maybe he will help me, in which case I'll pass it on here.

5. Blitzkrieg

Wow...thats an insanely long time to be awake for. :eek:
    Please do share what the doctor has to say when you come back.

6. Levi

Levi Guest

Well the doctor gave me pills so I finally got some sleep. I will be back to take all sorts of tests, he said it was very uncommon to go that long without sleep.. hmmm...

7. wherewulfe

damnit, the records just at 7 days...