1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dating

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nadski, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Nadski

Nadski Guest

hey everyone,

okay so today my best friend and a close friend of hers and me all went out together. my best friends friend is bi and my friend told me that she has liked me for some time. it was pretty awkward at times but overall i think we all had a pretty good time. apparently after today she really likes me, and i like her too, however, i am pretty socially awkward and have never dated a girl before.

if she asks me out i would be really happy, but i am so so awkward and i just want to know if anyone could give me some advice on how to keep the conversation rolling or how not to be awkward. i get awkward mostly because my cheeks go red all the time and give me away and i say a lot of stupid things when i am nervous. i know this sounds so petty and ridiculous but i would really appreciate any advice, or advice on maybe asking her out again.

thank you! :icon_bigg

2. Waffles

I think the best thing to do is to just be yourself! (/.u.)/
    Coming from the king of awkward himself, and everytime I've dated someone, we had the most fun just being ourselves. Who knows~ maybe she likes you for you awkwardness. :grin:

Good luck, and stay strong, girl! d(-u.)z

3. AmblingSam

I'm really shy so I get that when you're with someone it can be hard to be open. I close myself up and tend to give just one word answers but it's when I open up and talk and make jokes and hold conversations that I (and they) feel the strongest connection.

so the sooner you open up the more happiness you'll be expected to have ^_^

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I'd suggest that you try being yourself as much as you can. If you do go on a date and have a couple of awkward moments, that's okay. Nothing to worry about.

A good way to start a conversation is to ask a couple of questions about her. You can then use the answers to add your own experiences or interests, and voila you have the beginning of a conversation. Build on what she is saying. If she says something interesting, or you feel you can relate to it, ask a further question about it and try to keep talking about it.

At the end of the date, if you liked the way it went, you can let her know by saying "I had a good time" and ask if she would like to get together again. :slight_smile:

5. JackWin

I tend to remain pretty introverted. Mainly because I am really insecure about almost everything, and have uber bad anxiety. I have found that if you can open up a little bit and just allow yourself to be yourself and ask questions and start conversations, it will all work out just fine.

6. Nadski

Nadski Guest

thanks everyone! :slight_smile: i spoke to her last night and it was a kind of mutual thing that we both want to meet up again, it will most likely be with the company of friends again but i am thinking that after that i will ask her out on a real date. i try and be as authentic and honest as possible and try and be composed about it all and i do try and open up and build on answers but sometimes if the conversation ends, i have no idea how to start a new one and then i just stand there racking my brain for something to say, i am sure many can relate, dates can be very awkward occasions :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: