1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rizpaz, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Rizpaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My second best friend is sleeping over today. He never seriously disses gays, and he usually says stuff about how he's met his moms gay friends, and how they're nice, and all that stuff. I doubt he will care if I'm gay, and telling him will do a LOT to ease pressure.

The thing is, I'm only 13. There are times when I wonder if I will pass out of this "phase" in a couple of years, and regret telling everyone I'm gay.

What do you guys think? Should I spill the extremely spicy beans, and hope that he can get to cold water?

2. Lane

At your age it may be a pre-mature coming out. You still have alot of changes ahead of you both physically and mentally. This isn't a decision that should be rushed, give it some time.

3. SkyTears

yeah at your age it is hard to really be sure and even if you are 100% that you are gay most people will just say it's something that will pass with time because of how young you are. personnaly i think its best to just not say anything for a while but the final choice is up to you.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Your friend sounds like somebody you could discuss it with. You could tell him that you have been thinking about it but don't know for sure yet if you think he's somebody you could trust.

5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm. 13 was the time where I was only just beginning to think I might be a lesbian. It could swing one way or another. If you really need to talk, tell your friend you're confused and unsure, but don't say for definite because it might raise issues.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree with Becky. Tell him you think you may be gay but you're not sure. That way you have told him and have someone understanding to talk to, but you haven't committed yourself should your feelings change over time.

7. Alexander

At 13 you can still swing dramatically so be careful who you tell and how you tell them.

8. Rizpaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the advice guys. It turns out he couldn't come cause he missed his flight back from South Carolina. :frowning2: Ah well, we'll see what happens next weekend.