1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I pass as male? (probably not)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fallible, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Fallible

I was just wondering how people thought I looked. (Just look at my profile picture) I honestly think I look a bit androgynous myself, but people might think otherwise. Idk, it's just that I've been having issues with my gender lately so I was wondering how people percieve me. I just want people's feedback before I post a picture of me on social networking websites as a male. So do I generally pass or does my face look too girlish? What do I need to work on? Please help me. :O

2. maxx

Hi Fallible - I think you could pass as a male - you are right, you have a lovely androgynous face. It might make you look somewhat more masculine if you got a very traditional male haircut, with a part on one side vs down the middle like you have it now. Just a thought. Good luck!

Maxx

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I don't think you have anything to worry about. If you want to post a picture of yourself on social networking sites as a male, I'd say go for it. :slight_smile:

4. Mogget

It's hard for me to tell from that picture, but I do tend to agree with Max that your haircut is fairly feminine. Which doesn't mean you can't pull it off, I can't really tell from that picture.

5. Fallible

Honestly my hair is pulled back in that picture lol. I would definitely cut it short, but I'd like to donate it to an organization that makes wigs for cancer patients. So it's kind of hard to pass with long hair, but it's for a good cause. But thank you all. :slight_smile:

6. secretguyX

If you styled your hair differently, then you probably would. Your face does look pretty androgynous, and could probably pass as either, depending on other features (hair, clothes, etc...).

That's really sweet of you! :icon_bigg

7. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

Just by analyzing your face, I would say, you could pass as male, but same with the other people, the hair still makes you look female. If you got a different hair cut, I'm sure you would be able to pass as a male.

8. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Part your hair on one side maybe? You look pretty androgynous as it is, so you shouldn't have to do much to look one gender or the other.:slight_smile: