1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How should I come out to my Mom?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by del, Jul 30, 2012.

1. del

del

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay this might seem like a stupid question and probably is, but I just want to know how I should come out about mtf. I already know when....and its in a couple days....(on our birthday....) I just dont know how though, I came out about to friends/random people at school....that was easy....this however, is a pain.(I really just dont know what I should say....) :confused:

2. MusicIsLife

When i came out to my mom it was with my Counselor present, because she works with Trans teens/young adults. My mom had a really hard time with it and I'm, glad someone was with me for it.

If it's not possible for you, I'd say just be out with it, "Mom, I'm trangender." Then slowly explain to her what that means. Brace yourself for 81372864752 questions though.

Also, not to be a downer or anything, but do you have a backup if she takes it badly and kicks you out? Like, a place to stay with someone who already knows?

3. del

del

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well I do have a backup but.....it's my Dad, and his living conditions are....crap....I don't think she would kick me out (since she doesn't even want me to live there) and just kinda denie it...

4. MusicIsLife

Well denial is a natural part of this, so I wouldn't be that surprised. My mom's so deep in denial right now. Good luck though :slight_smile: