1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yayy! I'm gay!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justinf, Jul 30, 2012.

1. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So these past two days, I've been feeling really euphoric about being gay, for no obvious reason.

The last couple of weeks -- or maybe months, I don't remember -- I've had ups and downs. I felt great one moment, completely shitty the other.
    I have one of those great moments now again, but this time it's different. I'm not just happy, I'm soooo extremely relaxed and carefree and.. I don't know. I'm just completely at ease with myself.
    I've realized before that I'm probably gay, but the feeling is different now. Today I had this moment where out of nowhere I was like "wow! I'm actually gay!" and it didn't bother me in the slightest.. actually even made me feel good. Like I wanna scream I'm gay from the top of my lungs. I even almost told my brother.. I had this urge to kiss my bf right in front of him. Luckily I didn't, cause telling him is quite a big deal, so I should probably at least think about it before I do it, but.. yeah.
    I've just never.. ever felt this much "me".. myself.
    I know this probably sounds really weird and like I'm stoned lol! But I'm not. It's just so weird! And unexpected. And great.
    Ugh, I can't explain it.

Anyway, I just felt so good I wanted to tell people, and as I don't have so many people I can talk to about this (see out status), I'm telling EC :icon_bigg

I didn't know where to put this. Feel free to move it to Chit Chat if that is more appropriate :slight_smile:

So ehhm, yeah, I'm gay. :lol:

#1 justinf, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  2. karl178

Very glad to hear it, congrats! You have every reason to feel great about yourself.

3. Dolphinkid

well, congrats that your so sure and happy about it! lol sounds exciting. ami the only comment? and you shuld move it lol. oh aand btw i like youre signature thingy
    :thumbsup:
    :thewave:
    :wow:

4. Aniot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congrats my friend (*hug*) I'm happy for you :kiss:

5. IllusiveRannoch

woot justinf. please do feel great about yourself(*hug*)

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Justin, this is so amazing. Not just that you're gay... but that you're so totally happy with it. It's been a pretty quick process for you, and you've done a great job of just walking right into the fear and facing it head on.

Congratulations, sir!

Just... think twice before showing up in pumps and a party dress to tell your brother :slight_smile:

7. Aldrick

Congratulations Justin. I'm glad you're feeling good about it. Hopefully it will be the boost you need to push forward in your coming out process.

Like Chip said, your progress so far has been rather amazing. I'm happy for you. (*hug*)

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's absolutely fantastic that you are comfortable with being gay, and that you have embraced it all. Congratulations Justin! :slight_smile:

9. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also have times when I feel so good, and the next second I feel so bad, but reading this makes me feel happy :slight_smile: Im happy for you, so thx for posting this, I hope it stays this way for you from now on, congrats!!

10. WhoAmI76

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congrats Justin! You are a hope and inspiration to many! Glad to hear you are able to embrace it all and be so happy about it, that's great!

11. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Really happy for you right now! I have seen your posts from the very beginning at it is amazing how far you have come.

Congrats and enjoy! :slight_smile:

12. Pippa

Pippa Guest

I totally understand.... when I finally came to terms there was a period of time, about six weeks or so, when I was like, wanting to scream it from the housetops, I was so happy I had finally made the decision to come out.... so I know the place you're coming from. Congrats to you.....

13. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (!) (&&&) (!!)
    I've heard of those clarity moments, so fabulous for you!
    You: :bulb:

14. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, Justin.

The elation you feel is that heavy weight lifting from your shoulders!

Good luck with your brother - despite what Chip says, I think pumps and a party dress would be perfect! Oh and the kiss! :kiss::roflmao:

15. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks everyone! You are all always so nice (*hug*) I love this place :slight_smile:
    Wish I could thank all of you individually, but that would be too long and boring a post.

Lol! I don't feel a specific need to wear pumps and a party dress yet, so don't worry :lol:

Thank you! Haha nah I don't think that would really be "me" lol. I will absolutely consider the kiss, though.