1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Believing?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nightmaric, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Nightmaric

So a decent amount of people don't believe I am gay. They think it's a phase and I'm seeking attention.

Any advice for me to make it obvious other than stating it?

2. Cloudbreaker

Is there a reason you feel compelled to convince them? I mean, as long as you were honest with them, it should be up to them whether or not they believe the facts. You can tell them that 2+2=4, but you can't make them believe you. And why should you have to?

But that's not what you asked. Try pointing out how illogical it would be for you to tell them that you are gay if you weren't.

3. Pain

Pain Guest

Stick to your guns!!! I'm sorry that they don't take you seriously. :frowning2: That's rough. How have you come out to people? Have you said "I think I'm gay" or "I'm gay"? Just stick to it. Insist your position and say how you feel. If they don't take you seriously, you can just ignore it and act how you will without care for their opinion.

4. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Wear a rainbow bracelet everywhere. Its what I do.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Nightmaric

Well I changed my interested in on Facebook which I know would confuse people initially. But, whenever I tell them I always say it 'I am gay'. And it don't believe in just randomly saying it people except the first few that I told because I just needed to confide in a few friends. It's just frustrating. Thanks for the advice but I see this being a problem until I actually date a guy.

6. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like AwkardlyHers said, you could wear something with a rainbow, that is usually a giveaway.

In my opinion though, I don't think you need to make anyone believe that you're gay.

7. Nightmaric

I know I usually don't care about things like this. But, I just hate how people think I'm wanting attention or the same sort.

8. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would just ignore it. I know that's not something you wanna hear, but as long as you know who you are and how you feel, it's all that matters. When it comes to you and who you date, those other people don't even matter. However they will see that you weren't lying. :icon_wink

9. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

If don't believe it now, chances are they won't ever believe it because that's just how their brain is. If someone denies it, then they don't know you, and they won't ever know you, so it's best you just ignore those kind of people. There's no reason to go ahead and convince people you are, if they don't want to believe it, it's fine, let them not believe it, as long as you know it, then that's all that really matters. There's no need to make it more obvious to people when they probably won't care to realize the truth anyways.

10. Gen

Gen

Would Be Nice!!

Cant remember the last time, I got my respected standing ovation after coming out :dry:.
    I remember the times when the news used to run its Congradulations On Coming Out spolights to pay their respects to everyone who can out today.

But seriously, the nerve of some people >_>

11. Nightmaric

Thanks for the advice guys. It really helps. But, still I am just not sure that I can go through another year of having so many annoying younger girls crush on me. It makes high school extremely awkward.

12. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would just tell the keep telling the girls that are crushing on you that you are gay. I am having the same problem except with guys....

13. Nightmaric

I do. But, more seem to pop up. It's aggravating. I'm just glad I'm leaving my town when I graduate. I wouldn't know what i would do if I were stuck here much longer.

14. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's kind of an interesting problem. :slight_smile: I've had girls/women approach me before, but telling them I'm gay never seems to encourage more to show up...

Just a thought, but on some level, them refusing to believe you, or claiming it's a "phase," may have more to do with them and their own thoughts than it does with anything you're doing. It might be their way of saying "I just don't accept this yet" or "I don't believe that this could possibly be true". Not that they're rejecting you maliciously or anything, just that they don't *want* to get it yet. And that could come from a variety of places, both good and bad.

Chances are, that's a personal issue they have to deal with. You could make out with another guy in front of them and it probably wouldn't make any difference. :lol:

15. Nightmaric

If only I had a guy to make out with. Haha