1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking out the same sex

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fire freak, Jul 30, 2012.

1. fire freak

fire freak Guest

My question is very simple... How do you work up the courage to ask someone of the same sex out on a date? :help:I feel like at this age there are not a lot of openly gay guys... The again I'm not openly gay yet either:icon_redf

2. heaven

You do the same thing that you would do if you were asking out any other person in the world! You work up the courage and ask them out but however you should atleast think if the person is attracted to you in the first place!

3. prism

It takes a lot of courage, especially if you're still in the closet. You're bearing your soul to someone while telling them one of your deepest secrets. This is why I finally understand why I should come out before I start dating. That way, even if you get rejected, you won't have to worry about covering your tracks.

4. fire freak

fire freak Guest

Thanks... (*hug*) I know it was kind of a strange question but I think that the responses have already helped a lot. I guess I just needed to hear what to do from someone who has been there. And Prism, for some strange reason that thought never really occurred to me. Thanks again!

5. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lot of it really is just working up the courage - but there are also different levels of asking someone out.

You can specifically request a "date" with them, or you could ask them to "get together for [fill in the blank - dinner, movie, random activity] sometime soon." Or, for the most innocuous (but easily misunderstood) route, if you don't know them but there's a sense that you like each other, you could just ask them if they want to hang out sometime, but then suggest that you do something "date-y." It all depends on how much of yourself you want to put out there.

6. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

First, before anything, whoever you want to ask out, make sure that they're gay first, because if they're straight, that may not be the best thing to do, one you'll definitely get rejected for obvious reasons, and that wouldn't feel great, and two, they might not take it in the best way either. If you know that they're gay, and you feel as if you'd have a good connection with them, then, all you have to do is gain up enough courage to do it. There's not really a step by step procedure. If you like them enough, you have to just be able to ask them out without being shy.