1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual and ashamed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Yuri, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Yuri

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am 16 years old, but you can say I've been lesbian since I was about 7 or 8. My mom used to walk in on me fooling around with girls even at a young age. As I got older it became more taboo and I started to hate myself for what I was doing. My mother used to jokingly say I was going to be a lesbian when I grew up, but in the back of her mind I know she knew it was true. I knew it as well. At my current age I have been through a lot and encountered more sexual experiences with girls than I care to recall. The only problem is though I sit here and admit it now I hate the way I am. Though I am attracted to guys and would love a boyfriend I am always drawn back to girls.

The fact that I'm a Jehovah's Witness makes it worst. I currently practice my religion and engage in bible studies. Numerous times a week I read how homosexuality is a sin and how I should refrain from it in every way. I do believe that, but I can't. If I like a girl, which happens often, I have to pursue some sort of relationship whether its a friendship or something more. I just need some advice from people who have been in my situation. I've cried myself to sleep on many occasions because I seriously don't know how to deal with my situation.

I'm bisexual and I hate ME. Please help.

2. PurpleCrab

Oh, that's a totally horrible situation. I'm so sorry of what you're going through. I can barely imagine how it would be if my faith told me that who I am is wrong and that I should change... I guess it would also ring me a bell as to maybe my faith is wrong? But that's me.
    I hope somebody else will have the help you seek. Good luck.

3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I'm not familiar with that religion. & I take pity on you. I would hate to read that being myself & who I am is wrong. Maybe wait til you're 18 & have a say on what religion you want to be / believe in.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am really sorry that's happening. My understanding is that homosexuality being a sin is contested the least in religious sects like the Witnesses. That belief is being contested in many Christian groups, though, so I think people will eventually come around. However, in the meantime, I encourage you to maintain your Christianity. I just think that you need to find a way to make it work for you.

Being bisexual doesn't make you broken. You're a wonderful person, and nobody can take away who you are or tell you that's evil.

5. randomflag

Sorry that this is happening to you. You're not a bad person. What helped me was to look at the history of bisexuality and the science of it. I believe dolphins engage in bisexual behaviour? It's all natural and part of the human condition. Culture and religion is also part of the human condition. Understand the science and you'll understand that it is not a choice and that you are a perfectly normal person.