1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so confused and torn

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ems, Jul 31, 2012.

1. ems

ems

.. I don't know how to accept that I'm lesbian . I've realised that I'm kinda fighting against it but I'm confused. An electrician was around my house the other day and i found myself checking him out even through men don't really move me sexually. I keep thing oh when i get man then is repulsed by the thougjt. I hate this . Any advice cause I feel like I'm going mad . I hope this make sence to someone

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! One of the things that has helped me in accepting fully my own sexual identity was to talk with people and asked questions. In talking with people, and in joining a LGBT support group, I learned that it is okay to be gay.

Talking to others and joining LGBT support (and social) groups could help you in not accepting your sexual identity, but also in overcoming your internal homophobia. As you are out there, and getting to know others who have been in the same spot you are finding yourself in, your internal homophobia, and thus the fight against your sexual identity, will lessen. Deep within you, you know what your feelings are, maybe it is just a matter of giving yourself the chance to be you. (*hug*)

3. ems

ems

Thanks for the post. I never really thought was homophobic even internal, but I suppose I can see where u are coming from. I am trying to be me that why I did this post cause I keep fighting me when I don't want to , maybe part if it is that I know my family won't accept it and I want to keep them happy . I'm makung my self unhappy and cant see how to stop