1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by scheibe, Jul 31, 2012.

1. scheibe

I can't take this anymore. I can't be in this house any longer. I can't live here any longer. I feel like the only two choices I have is to run away or kill myself. Help

2. Jared

Don't kill yourself, it's not worth it. I feel like killing myself would be good sometimes, but the feeling always passes. Running away does no good if you can't support yourself, you will likely end up worse off. I grew up in an abusive household and believe me running away crossed my mind a lot, but I got through it and you will too. What makes you feel like you can't stay in that house any longer and how old are you? That might help us give some better advice.

3. Pain

Pain Guest

Calm down and think first-- how much better off would you be if you ran away? Killed yourself? Why do you feel the need to do these things? What are the situations? Killing yourself should not be an option, because you wouldn't be around to know that if things are so bad, the only thing that can happen is for things to get better.

4. Jeffhack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    im kinda new, and this is ify cituation for me to give advice. i think i can relate though read some of my stuff and if you want to talk i will be here. also i dont know what your going threw... but no deserves to hurt thems over their life it not right. but anyway if you want to talk.

5. Fraulein Von B

First of all, I think you need these: (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)
    You know, at the end of the day, it's a game of odds. What are the chances it will get better? I know nothing of your situation, so they might be very low. I won't lie to you and tell you that it will get better, because honestly, I'm not God and I can't promise such a thing. However, if you kill yourself, the chances of your life getting better will be null, for the very simple reason that you won't have a life anymore. So, on this plan, odds are on your side.
    As for running away... *sigh* Once again, I know nothing of your situation. I wouldn't advise it, for several reasons:
    1/It's dangerous. I mean this. When you're wandering on your own, anything can happen to you and most of the time, no-one will even care.
    2/Most of the time, it's a temporary solution. If you're under 18 - and I think you are - the people you live with (who are, I guess, your legal guardians), will most probably warn the police. You will be sought after, and you will be found, meaning that you will have to go back living with them, and that your life will get even harder, because if it's because of them that you feel that bad, you running away will probably not improve things.
    3/It's a life of lies. You will have to lie to everyone if you don't want to be found. Think about what that entails.
    4/Once again, if you're under 18, it probably means that you don't have a college education. Keep in mind that if you run away, you might never be able to get one, which could be a serious impairment in your future life. They're not good enough for you to sacrifice your future to them.
    However, if you do decide to run away, please, please be safe. Plan everything in detail. Where will you live? How will you support yourself? And think ahead - temporary solutions that will only work for a few days or weeks are no good. Try to find nearly permanent ones - one year is good. Think of everything - for example, let's say you found a job. What will happen if you're fired? It's a lot of planning, but it will ensure your safety, and we want you to be safe (&&&)
    You know what would be the smartest plan, in my opinion? Find people that will support you, IRL or online. Do things you enjoy doing, things that make you feel good. Spend only the minimal amount of time with people that hurt you. Know that EC will always be here for you. And, most importantly: if you're in high school right now, work hard and get the best grades you can. You know why? To get into a good college. A good college far from home. There you will be able to start living surrounded by good people and won't have to deal with those people at home anymore. And you will have the added bonus of college education, which can mean a lot in this day and age. It won't be easy - at times it will even seem impossible. But I think you can do it. I think you have the necessary inner strength to achieve this.
    I don't know if you're spiritual or not, but know I will try to send your way all the strength and good energy I can gather. And have one of these again: (&&&)
    PS: Suicide: Read This First It has helped me out on one occasion. I hope you will find it useful.