1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Um what am I???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jeffhack, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Jeffhack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel like a monster... But anyway let's start the real story... I've always been well the kinda guy that forgets everything good or bad because he just can't handle the bad... So in the beginning of June my therapist said we should try to start uncovering memories. Well a few weeks ago I remembered a lot in one day.. My mother beating my sister for coming out, and my sister telling her now wife that our mother was dead because of it... But the most important memory was me having a weird crush on a kid in 3rd grade because he was nice to me when no one else was, and he was a boy... I've uncovered a lot of gay memories and a lot of straight memories. But after that day I had a break down. My thinking changed im having all kinds of thoughts towards men and women. And the other day I was in a restaurant and I saw a women sitting alone but I knew she wasn't originally, but she looked lonely so I talked for awhile and I made her feel better she told me she like me. I felt bad saying Im seventeen because in reality she was really nice and if I was a year older it wouldn't have mattered to me... But I'm just ugh I feel like I don't know who I am anymore...
    Also I'm a big person so even though I was a loner for awhile no one messed with me... But I started bulling people to not only make self feel better but to feel like I fit in.
    I want to stop there and say if there is any gays or anything I've bullied I want u to come to me and we will make it better.
    I feel like a different person though i mean for the first time in my life I'm a extrovert since I broke down. Which the memories of me being gay entailed. But I don't know if I can believe if I could suppress my whole personality...
    However I feel better since the break down it was like going from rock bottom to cloud nine in one day... But if you guys could help me figure out my sexuality, and offer support it would be appreciated.

2. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Hello, :slight_smile: you are no monster. Unless, you like Lady Gaga? =P

It is good to hear that you have made some progress in your self discovery. Hopefully with time you are able to comprehend and understand more about yourself, right now take everything slow, but try not to just forget about the bad. It is best to tackle problems head on, just like football (you wouldn't run the opposite way, would you?) you tackle the linebackers.

I think it is speaks a lot about you accepting that you bullied people in order to make you feel better; now may be a good idea to start being nice -this is a much better way to make you feel better of yourself.

Now, do you see yourself living with a guy? Do you feel emotionally attracted to males? Or is just physical? Does your mother's stance in regards to homosexuality make you not want to be a homosexual/bi?

3. Jeffhack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel like certain characters matter more than sexuality. Personally I think I would have sex with someone if they had good character treated me kindly and had the traits I'm looking for if you have a penis or a vagina doesn't matter. I'm starting to think of sex like music alone they make tones but together they are a very beautiful thing. And certain tones go well with each other and there isn't just two tones you can put together... And one they mother citiuation I kinda resent my mother because I love my sister, and my mother is a cruel person, and very close minded... And actually defcs is finding me some place to stay... But I'm probably Gunna wait to the very end to tell her. I was hoping to have a relationship with her after I'm gone but screw it. Lol

4. unknown12

It looks like you have subconsciously retracted from girls and am trying to analyze your feelings. And it could also be a blessing that you are sorting out your sexuality now, before a wife or kids would be effected. I do hope everything goes well with you and just remember you are not alone man.

5. Jeffhack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Um no I like women lol just for who they are not what they have lol...

6. unknown12

Well do you love women, men, or both? Which gender(s) can you have a healthy sexual and loving relationship with? Do you fantasize about men, women, or both?

7. Jeffhack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    But idk I just want to figure it out I don't like not knowing things. And this is a big thing to not know...

---------- Post added 1st Aug 2012 at 01:53 AM ----------

To tell u the truth I had a dream about that women have sex with me the night after I met her, and she was no doubt about it once a man... And I thought about having sex with nice men I've known.. And I've had sex with women before... So yea

---------- Post added 1st Aug 2012 at 01:54 AM ----------

Ohh and I can have a healthy relationship with anyone

8. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Mhh Okay, uhm being a homosexual is not all about the sex. Yes, it is different from heterosexual sex, but that doesn't mean that it defines being a homosexual. From what I understand you may be bisexual, perhaps? Do you see yourself forming a household with a male? Or a female?

Well you know your mother best, and it is entirely up to you to decide whether to keep in touch with her. Talk to your sister and see what she thinks about this situation... after all she has gone through a similar situation. Good luck!

PS: Lol Nice analogy.

9. unknown12

well good luck man.

10. Jeffhack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you...

---------- Post added 1st Aug 2012 at 02:10 AM ----------

Someone please help me I'm very upset right now

11. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

What is on your mind?

12. Jeffhack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm just want to figure it out I think I might be pan but I'm confused right now...

13. unknown12

It will take time to figure yourself out man. it will take time and i know you don't wanna read that. but that is what happened with me and a year later im finally coming to terms with who i am. everything will work out, trust me.

14. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

What confuses you exactly? If you feel like you are pan what specifically confuses you?

Also, don't you think you may be rushing too fast? A label is just a label, yes it may bring assertion to you, but regardless of the label you are Jeffhack. Labels won't change that. If you think you are "gender blind" go with that thought and explore it more. I think that it is good that you are trying to define your sexuality; but also remember that it is not set in stone, as with time -when you are more calmed and aware of yourself- I think you may change your sexual orientation (or it may not change at all). Do you dislike the idea of being pan?

15. Jeffhack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No not at all... I kinda like the idea of giving yourself to someone you love not considering the gender. It's the most romantic thing I've ever heard... Maybe I'll explore that... Thax guys!

16. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

It is good that you are open to the idea. Also, keep looking for the answers you may have. Don't let doubt build up or let the bad go(and just put in the back of your thoughts). It may take time, but try not to settle down if you have doubts that have the power to shape the rest of your life.

#16 Nat3, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
  17. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jeff!

Congratulations on your journey so far!

I think a lot of us here recognize the need to have an instant answer. An answer usually satisfies an immediate need, or provokes another question which will lead you there quickly.

Sexuality, for some people, is a simple question to answer, wither because they just "know" and are happy to accept it, or they question and decide on the balance of probablitity.

I understand completely about you feeling that the person is more important than their gender - that is totally how I feel, although I am more confortable with men sexually.

I see nothing weird in you finding women attactive AND men too.

And I think you are already a long way along the road if you identify that what you are looking for is not gender-specific - you are looking for "someone" who will treat you well, be respectful of your needs and treat you with dignity.

Which gender that person turns out to be is irrelevant.

My only words of caution would be not to rush things - sometimes there is no quick solution - and that when you think you've met someone you think might be good for you, you are honest with them and explain your dilemma. I think that they deserve your honesty AND the fact that you have chosen them is a great bond between you.

Good luck, be patient and be honest with yourself.

18. Jeffhack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    lol thax guys you have some really good advice...

19. BudderMC

I just want to make sure that you're thinking romantic as in "that's really, really attractive to me" rather than the same way someone thinks "well, all the movies have rose petals and candles, and that's really romantic... maybe I should try that...". Though I guess the two coincide to some extent.

I want to echo what someone said in that maybe you're taking this a little fast. Nearly all of us know the feeling of wanting to have it all figured out, don't get me wrong. But the thing is, a label really is just a label at the end of the day. For me, I knew I was gay, but couldn't bring myself to use that word. To get the ball rolling, I had to start telling myself that "I like guys" whenever the thought came by. My acceptance of the word gay came along later.

Anyway, the point of that was is that you don't necessarily need a label, though it brings a lot of comfort for some people. If you want to start coming out or something, you can always just refer to yourself as "liking guys as well as girls" or "gender isn't a big deal to me" or something.

20. Jeffhack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Can you redefine romantic in your words?