1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling angry all the time

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kylegf2011, Aug 1, 2012.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I´ve been feeling quite troubled lately, I dont know what to do, its just making me feel angry and ina bad mood all the time :frowning2: The thing is, I know Im gay, I´ve accepted it, but now everytime I see a hot guy, I feel anger and frustration, because I have to keep it to myself, then because I know that the guy is most likely straight, I just dont know what to do. I thought I was improving but.... :help:

The other day I went to the beach, and eventhough I had a good time and all, I had never felt as frustrated in my life on a trip like this. Its not the first time I see lots of beautiful shirtless boys :icon_redf but still I felt so frustrated, like I wanted to do something but I know I just couldnt.... whats happening to me?? Watching the olympics has become also a little difficult, because eventhough I enjoy the sports, and the sights, its like I cant do anything about it, but watch :tears:

Im asking you guys for advice because its really starting to show in my daily life, Im in a bad mood most of the time, I just feel angry, and I just want this to stop :frowning2: What can I do, is it normal? :help:

2. Gen

Gen

Tell me about it :tears:. But I dont think anyone can ignore those gymnasts...

But on a more serious side, I know what you mean. It is frustrating to see people and find out that you have zero chance of being with them. But I would encourage you not to take it too much to heart. Because it you continue with a negative attitude towards it, than you going to close all of the doors that try to open for you. Waiting for someone special is agony, but eventually the right guy will come and it will be worth it in the end.

Thats my cheesy speech, and I'm sticking too it. Cheer up the dry spell will pass (*hug*)

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Deep breath, there is a time and place for everything. (*hug*)

You have mentioned that you have accepted your sexual identity and from your info under your avatar it seems that you are out to a couple of friends. That's already quite an achievement. Congrats on that!

It is possible that underlying the frustration is that despite the fact that you have accepted yourself, you still can't be yourself around others, whether it is on the beach or on trips. Have you considered continuing to come out to the people who you feel are most important to you?

While the guy who you are checking out on the beach might be straight there are also guys that aren't. There are places, such as gay groups, LGBT youth groups, where you could meet and get to know other gay youths. Maybe joining such a group, or becoming active with a support/social group might help you to move forward and embark on the next steps in your coming out.

4. BudderMC

Sounds like what a lot of closeted people go through. You're at a point where you're (relatively) okay with liking guys, but yet you're still forced to monitor your actions around other people. It leaves you feeling anxious and since you're in a social situation you can't just slink away, so you end up feeling frustrated.

Is it normal? Well, I'd say the majority of gay people feel anxious being closeted, so yeah, definitely.

What do you do to fix that? Well, I think all you've got left to do is start coming out to more people. You'd be surprised at how much being closeted affects our attitudes and behaviours, even without us knowing it. But the only way to see that is to get to the other side... gotta come out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Brenny

At this point the best thing to do might be to tell more close family or friends that you are gay. Personally, I think the anger I experience comes from the fact that I feel like I have to hold back who I am constantly around the people who don't know I'm gay. That and the fact that gay people seem to be hard to come by. I would guess you also are dealing with similar feelings of resentment as well. It's hard! We spend our whole lives "boxed in" until we start to either let others in or come out. I'm not saying it would just fix everything but I think it may help to talk to others about your orientation and your struggles.