1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wont do it.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BleedToLoveHer, Aug 1, 2012.

1. BleedToLoveHer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My girlfriend is OBSESSED with country music.
    I can't do it. It makes me cringe.
    That country twang, that same theme over and over again. The usual goody goody country image.
    Too much to stomach. She loves Scotty McCreery and Reba McIntire. *Gag me*
    I love.. I mean LOVE classic/60s-70s rock like Fleetwood Mac and Elton John, among other stuff and she has made the effort to listen to it and she really likes it. She discovered she really enjoys it and knows a lot of the songs.
    That's where I feel bad, because I'm sitting here dissing her country stuff, talking bad about it all the time ,where I've given it a shot a long time ago, and she has nothing bad to say about my favorite music.

I feel mean and unfair. But Country - seriously! Anyone ever have this same problem? lol.

2. SkyDiver

Ohhh yes. I can't STAND country. I won't drive with someone if I know that they'll be playing country music in their car.

Just respect the fact that she has different tastes than you, and don't talk about it. I have several people who do that to me (bashing everything that I like 24/7), and it pisses me off 100%.

3. speedracing22

I too hate country music. And I have a friend who is crazy about it.

I did do a google search though for "country music for people who hate country music" and yielded a lot of results lol...

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't like country either... Unfortunately for me my many people from my hometown love country music.. I agree with what SkyDiver said. People have different tastes in music. I think a little compromise is required from both sides.

5. BleedToLoveHer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I really dont get where the animosity comes from. I like the odd country tune. I guess you're right, I won't talk bad about it anymore to her face because I get that a lot with my favorite stuff (Anyone who is an Elton John fan will sympathize with me,) and I know how it feels. Never thought about it that way though. I respect her taste.