1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well I have this crush.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KeanusGuitarus, Aug 2, 2012.

1. KeanusGuitarus

East Australia, in NSW, quite a while from Sydney.
    Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Ever since year 7 I have been unknowingly gaining a crush on this guy. It is only until recently that a realized that I had a crush on him, and can now look back and see where it all started. The problem is, he is already head over heels over another guy and I am worried about telling him how I feel because of the fact that we have always been really close friends and joked around with <3s and stuff on Facebook. But I want him to know really badly.

Do you guys think he would be weirded out at all? Should I tell him? If so how?

2. BudderMC

Depends largely on if he's into guys or not. If he isn't, I think it's a pretty fair bet he'll be weirded out.

Otherwise, I think the fact that you're close friends is also grounds for weirding him out. Or if he has a girlfriend or something.

I think the only scenarios where he wouldn't be weirded out by it would be if he's so open to gay people that he really wouldn't care (or might be flattered), or if he happens to return your feelings. Relative to the rest of the outcomes, I think the odds aren't in your favour.

I know that feeling. I've got strong feelings for one of my closest friends too. He's been incredibly supportive through all my coming-out stuff, so I know he's cool with me... but I know him well enough that telling him that I like him would just weird him out, so I'm opting to keep that information to myself. This crush will pass, eventually (it's just taking a hella long time), and when that day comes I'd rather have my friend there with me still.

Only you can really decide whether it's worth it enough to tell him though. If I could suggest, I'd say try holding out as long as you can without telling him. Every day you can go without telling him is another day that those feelings might just disperse.

3. KeanusGuitarus

East Australia, in NSW, quite a while from Sydney.
    Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    By saying "another guy" I literally meant guy, as in male. He is practically in love with this guy, whom I should mention is his ex, they broke up because he had to leave town.

---------- Post added 2nd Aug 2012 at 10:18 PM ----------

But thank you for your reply anyway. :slight_smile: (*hug*)

4. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well in that case, I would say, text the waters first and then do it, unless he does still have feelings for his ex.

5. BudderMC

Have you ever done that thing when reading a paragraph where you totally skip a line (not a sentence, but a line)? That's what I just did. Turns out the important information was in that one :lol:

Anyway, I think it'd be best to hold off then. Partly for the same reasons I listed before, but also because if he's pining over someone else, he's probably not in any position to be in a relationship with a new guy. Not to mention the last thing you want to be is some sort of "rebound", right?

6. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

If he's head over heels for another guy, it's best not to even get involved. Even if you did tell him, and you did get into a relationship with him, he's still going to be head over heels for the other guy, and that's not going to be a good relationship if he still loves someone else. I mean, you could still tell him, but I wouldn't say to pursue him at all, like, if you feel like you need to tell him, tell him, but don't date him unless he's willing to work on loving you and not the other guy. I doubt he'd be weirded out, and my little trick is, say it in person, see his reaction, if it's bad, you could always say "just kidding" which is my way of getting out of situations that turn bad.

7. prism

I don't know if I would fully agree with that. ^

When I fall in love, I fall hard. It consumes my life. The first time it happened, it took years and another person to make me forget. I would say go for it! Luck is on your side, he's your close friend that you already know is into guys. He won't flip out and cut you off and he'll understand your feelings.