1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got back with an ex, but I have a problem I need to face eventually?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NicoleV96, Aug 2, 2012.

1. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

So, I got back with my first ex (I have two in total). Let me give you as quick as possible a summary of everything. I dated her from March of 2011 until september. In April, my mom found out I was dating her, and she told me I could never talk to her again. I'll explain that, it's because, we were having a long distance relationship, and I never met her, so my mother said "You can never love a stranger" She didn't know what I felt was something that most people don't feel, and I loved her. So, all of April, no talking, I snuck on my phone once to talk to her, but again, my mother found out, took that away too. In May, I got a new computer, so I was able to talk to her again. We broke up in September, I didn't want my mother to find out again. In september, I got into a relationship with someone at my school, long story short, bad relationship, she cheated a lot, and lied, and what not, but back to this. We broke up in April, the reason I didn't talk to my first ex throughout this relationship was because she would tell me she'd break up with me if I did, and I know that's stupid blackmail, but I was so afraid of being alone, so I listened. One day, I messaged my first ex again and from there we talked again, because I broke up with my second ex. I've known my first ex since January of 2011, and we got back together today. Now, again, my problem was my mom, I don't know what I'm supposed to do, I know I"m young and what not, but I really do believe she could be "the one" because I feel different with her, something clicks. I just don't know how I'm going to ever get my mom to accept the fact I love her, even if I do meet her, I don't know if that would change anything. I've asked my mother if I could meet her, and she told me no, but yet she says I can't love someone I don't know. I hate that she even said that because everyone is a stranger until you meet them.

2. Snowy

Snowy Guest

I think you should maybe word it a bit differently next time if you ask her. I take it she doesn't really trust people she doesn't know herself? Well what if you instead asked her if she could meet you. That implies that she'd be coming to meet you, and your mom would be present, so maybe she wouldn't object it as much?

#2 Snowy, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
  3. prism

But you haven't met this girl. I think your mother is wrong in forbidding you to speak or meet this girl, but I also think you should take a little of your own advice. You can talk to someone online every day for years and still not really know them. I'm not judging your relationship with this girl, but it's easy for us to make up qualities about people that we think we love, even if we know them in real life. We've all done it.

Maybe you can tell your mother that you understand why she's worried, but reassure her that you're not doing anything dangerous. Have a real conversation with her so you can find out what she's so afraid of.

Hope this helped!