1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dolphinkid, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Dolphinkid

Okay well I came out like a few months ago, to frends, as soon as I realized I was bisexual. But then I moved away from florida. Now I'm. In PR. I'm going to go to a private school because public schools heer here are bad, so no need to say my new schools gonna be smaller by comparison.
    Okay, here's the point... Since I'm going to be the new kid, I don't really know how to go about my sexuality, like what do do about it, who to tell if anyone, or just state it if it comes up.....idk.....
    See that's one problem, the other is , and this might be a very predjuudice thing to saypretty much everyone is the same way. For example, if in one area/town a couple people like basketbal everyone does, and this is how it is in most cases. Not much diversity.....
    Soo what do I doo??

2. Jeffery

Idk man I'm still in the coming out state where I don't give anything if anyone gives me crap. But I would tell anyone that asks... You should be proud of who you are!

3. midnightvanity6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with Jeffery, be proud of who you are. But there is also a line, if these kids at you're new school are going to bully you or whatever because there homophobic. then it would probably be best to keep it quiet, at least until you make a few friends.
    my suggestion would be, just investigate what kind of people are going to be there, and see how accepting they are of homosexuality, and then make you're decision.

4. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would say wait until you've settled down into your new school, and even then find out how open the people there are. If they're ok with it then there shouldn't be a problem but if they're not Id say keep it on the down low

5. prism

It's easy to say "just be yourself and screw what anyone else thinks." Lay low for a while and make friends. Get a feel for how open people are so you can gain a better sense of what their reactions would be. There's no rush! Start telling people when you feel comfortable.

Hope this helped, and good luck!

6. secretguyX

Don't just walk in and be like, "Hey I'm bisexual!". Wait until you become friends with people, and then tell them. I mean at your old school you probably wouldn't have told new people you just met about your sexuality. Waiting till you know people better will also let you see how they stand on LGBT, and if they are or aren't homophobic. Everyone has their own opinion, no matter what, there will always be a bit of diversity in schools, or anywhere else.

7. Dolphinkid

Thanks everybody.....I've always hated being the new kid cuz I always stand out lol. So this on top of it all! Lol. I'm lucky cuz I probably won't stay here for more than maybe a year. So if it goes bad then og well, just for a lil while right? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Jeffery

Well dolphin I hope you actually find someone that make you happy in this new place... :wink:

9. Dolphinkid

So do I, although I probably won't last forever. But id be hard to find someone who's not a clone(again exxageration, I meean a complete opposite from thw crowd like I am). But if I to I want someone who'sREAL. I'm babbling again...

---------- Post added 2nd Aug 2012 at 11:48 PM ----------

You know guys, I was thinking about getting a sutle braclet/wristband that's pink puple and blue and wearing it to school, if you guys follow me.