1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

girl crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by midnightvanity6, Aug 2, 2012.

1. midnightvanity6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I was having a conversation with my sister the other day, and she knows I'm bi-sexual, anyway, we where talking about a celebrity, and she said "you have a girl crush on her."
    I know it's an odd thing to be upset by, but it just bothers me.
    A girl crush is when a straight girl, starts falling for another girl, but is still basically straight.
    but for me, when I like a boy or a girl, it doesn't matter, it's a crush, not a "girl crush."
    Maybe it's just my stupid mind that thinks that, but IDK am I over reacting to something that doesn't really matter?:confused:

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you sure that's what she meant? Or was she referring to the fact that you have a gay crush on her? She may just not be clear on terminology (a slippery thing anyway).

You're not being stupid - if it bothers you, it bothers you. If you want to talk to your sister about it, then feel free to bring the subject up - has she been basically supportive otherwise? You might tell her you've been worried she's not taking you seriously and see what she has to say.

3. midnightvanity6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess she has been pretty supportive, as far as she doesn't really care that I'm bi.
    But on the same subject, she's very awkward, like I can't talk about girls with her because she just gets awkward and ignores the subject... so I can't really talk to her.... So I don't really want to bring up that it bothers me, because talking about my sexuality, just makes her awkward....