1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depression and keeping commitments...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KiddlesP, Aug 2, 2012.

1. KiddlesP

This is about a relationship. An important relationship. A relationship that I have always had...

But really more self-centered relationship revolving around me and my commitments to myself. Some of these may include: trying to study more then 2 days in advance for midterms/finals even though I begin to, and plan to study 1 month in advance and try really REALLY hard to start within 2 weeks; trying to get typical life stuff done such as getting a hair cut, donating blood, or renewing my car insurance; or something like trying to stay committed to a sight such as this site, and others, and post/read/visit regularly, without taping off abruptly into the inevitable road of non-existence.

Well I will be taking steps in the right direction, and will see if I will make it so that I can get over this hump and do what I want to do. This is one.

Why must I get so anxious and keep avoiding even the most little of things... God, why am I so good at finding loopholes and doing this... Life...

I think this might be classified as a rant, and so be it if it is, but advice is also appreciated, although I know that only I can change my life, I can still see how others live and choose that way if it is my preference.

My apologies that this may not make complete sense, since this is mostly a mind dump and self-therapy that I am doing to myself, but I hope that others may take some positivity from this in some unique fashion...

My mind is also not working at optimal capacity due to distractions...

Love to all of creation.

2. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recognize a lot of what you're describing.

I always leave things till the last minute, and sometimes until it's too late.

I give advice freely about planning things properly to avoid panic, but it's a case of "Do as I say and not as I do" i'm such a hypocrite!

If it's any consolation at all - you are not alone! (There is wood outside just waiting for me to turn it into shelves - I said I'd do it today, but it's sooooooooooooo nice here on EC) :icon_bigg :smilewave