1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flash a smile

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WonderEgg, Aug 2, 2012.

1. WonderEgg

Hi, me again. Here's the story this time. If you can remember, I posted about the guy who kept touching me. Anyway, that didn't turn out so well. Apparently, he actually was just a joking :***: who said I wasn't obeying God's plan.

Alright, reason I'm posting this. Being a 15 year old semi-closeted gay boy in high school, I tend to fall for a lot of guys too quickly. What can I do so I don't keep falling for people too quickly? Another story prior to the previous one happened that was much more devastating than this one and I really don't want that to happen again. Any advice would be elpful. Thank you. :slight_smile:

2. SkyDiver

I've wondered the exact same thing, haha.

Just guard yourself and make walls. Not walls to keep other people out, but to keep yourself in. If that makes ANY sense whatsoever. :lol:

Mentally tell yourself that you should get to know people well before you even think about developing feelings for them. I tell myself things all the time that I can and can't do, and you'd be surprised at how well it works...

3. LookingtoAffirm

Feel your feelings but then recognize them for what they are, when you notice yourself thinking a lot about someone and crushing on them think objectively what you know about them. Chances are not a whole lot. Don't let your heart go so easy, save that for when you know you have a shot.

Lol @ straight men that are touchy and confuse us who have caught teh ghey

4. WonderEgg

Thanks for the advice!