1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this normal ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ems, Aug 3, 2012.

1. ems

ems

Ok I'm probably being stupid and if I am just ignore this but my head is an ugly place to be at the moment, one part of this is I'm confused and don't have any people I can really ttalk to . I. Know I'm lesbian and to be honest I'm struggling to fully accept it and trying to give my self time but when I'm out and I see a good looking man I think oh he's gorgeous and have split second where I want to be with him but then apart of me over take s that and feel a but sick about a man touching me. Is this normal? I feel odd one min thinking oh I should want to be with some one that good looking , as is what people expect but then knowing I only really want to be with a female. Has anyone else felt like this ? What can I do before I go back to my old ways ? Sorry for raberling.

2. prism

It's normal. I am positive that I am a lesbian, but every so often I will see a guy and think he's really attractive. It confuses me until the relationship becomes physical, and then I have the same nauseating feeling.

You can be gay and still appreciate when the opposite sex is attractive, just like how you can be straight and acknowledge when someone of the same sex is attractive.

3. Billeraphon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am going through the exact same thing. I am a gay man but I know a beautiful woman when I see one. I find many women attractive without being sexually attracted to them.

I am so happy to find others with the same ideas. This is the first time I have ever felt like I fit in.

4. Jared

It's totally normal. I'm gay and I know that I'll end up with a guy, but I still know when a woman is hot and even think about how easy my life would be if I could be attracted to them like I am to men. I think a big part of why people do this is that being attracted to the opposite sex is the social norm and we just want to fit in and to not be different. I don't know of any quick fix for this, but just give yourself time to figure yourself out and to accept yourself and keep posting on here.

5. CelticRae

Have you ever thought that you might be a tad on the bisexual side? Everything is possible. When I was first realizing I had feelings for women. I was quick to grab the bisexual label. But that stage was over in about 2 months. I never had feelings for guys. Yeah some guys look nice its true but that's where it ends for me. If you are feeling more than that maybe you should think about it. honestly it all comes down to if you could have sex with men and stay in a relationship with them permanently. For me I could not. So the answer was simple for me.

6. ems

ems

Thanks for all the reply s it is nice knowing I'm not the only one I think ur right about it being the social norm and I think we find it hard to accept it because of the people around us, will they accept it or not I wanna makethem happy . . I was bisexual for a few years and it took lee awhile to get my head around the fact that I like girls , it didnt help I was still in school then and had the whole school saying nasty things . After that died down I accepted I was bi cause it dint seem bad if I still liked men as well but then I changed . I dont think I could have sex and stay in a relationship with a man it doesnt feel right and makes me cringe