1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going in circles...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Calico, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Calico

This may or may not be a long post.... If it is, please bear with me!

So, until a couple weeks ago I had my sexuality all sorted. I was a lesbian and I was comfortable with it. Then, at the start of Term a new boy joined our class. Danny (not his real name), was funny, a little bit weird, and heaps of fun.
    Then trouble started. I wanted to be around him, didnt like other people talking to him that much, and I thought about what it would be like to be in a relationship with him.

When I was away from him, I was perfectly logical. I had no overbearing desire of nearness. But I got very worried. What if I was bi? Straight even? What if all this gay stuff is in my head?

Danny reminds me of a friend I had in primary school. They're both funny, make strange faces and have wrinkly hands ( no joke).
    I also felt similarly when I was first getting to know the girl who is now my best friend, because I so desperately wanted her to be my friend. And the crush-like symptoms are nearly gone now after a few days.

But I'm still worried it might have been a genuine crush? What do you guys think it was?

2. swimmingkevo

You might be bisexual. I see you label yourself a Kinsey 6 (as I label myself), but if your feelings toward this boy are sexual in nature, you might be a 4 or 5. You can still label yourself as a lesbian if you wish - but since you are experiencing these feelings for a boy, I wouldn't totally close yourself off from the possibility of a heterosexual relationship. Don't sweat the labels so much - just go with what feels right. :slight_smile:

3. blightedsight

Focus on the person not the genitalia and this sort of stuff really doesn't matter:grin: