1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a good time… Not that strong.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nats, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Nats

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello guys.

This is my story.

I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 9 months. They've been great… at least till the 8th month. We started to have a lot of problems because she's in another country for holidays and we haven't been able to talk much. I did as much as I could. Almost felt that I kept myself in love with her on my own. I couldn't do that anymore and started to grow apart and eventually broke apart. I started doubting and thought in breaking up… we talked and she said that she was going to try to get my back. Things got kinda better but… now she's leaving for 2 weeks and we won't talk for that time. I know that if I was in a more comfortable position in which I was more confident bout the relationship it won't be much. But I'm afraid I'll brake apart again and (as we can talk and solve problems) need to break up. I know I gotta learn to be on my own, which is fine… But I can't keep going on alone… Also, she left in a terrible moment. I started college and she's the only one who has been there for me… Such a hard change… It hurts and makes me feel kinda hurt with her…

I would talk bout this with someone close to me… But everyone seem to hate our relationship…

What do you think?

2. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They say that "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" but I'm not sure that's true.

Sometimes being apart from the person you love makes you think crazy thoughts and behave in crazy ways, like being mean or spiteful when in fact you want to be the very opposite.

Sometimes it's the loneliness which is the hardest thing. I am a gregarious person. I don't do well on my own for more than a few hours. My job involves working with lots of people and sometimes the weekends are "Blue Days" because I don't have the buzz of people around me.

It sounds as if your gf wants to carry on with your relationship. She's not deliberately avoiding you if she has to go away with parents on holiday or something like that.

You say that contact will be difficult so here's my suggestion:

Write to her every day - a letter, a love poem, something you have to work hard on like a sonnet with a fixed rhyming scheme and rhythm, paint her a picture or draw something for her, make her a friendship bracelet with all your love knotted up in it.

Save all your love-tokens until she comes back and give them to her in a box.

Working on things for her will make her seem closer and she will have the joy and surprise of seeing your feelings for her laid out before her.

Just a suggestion (*hug*)