1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chik-fil-a Question

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Aburahamu, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Aburahamu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Earlier today, I went to Indy to shop with my mom, aunt, and cousin. As we were leaving, my cousin decides she's hungry and went to Chik-fil-a. When I saw she had gone there, my heart sank, and I almost said something about the controversy, but being that my family is religious, I didn't. Should I have said something? My cousin isn't exactly open-minded about this stuff and nobody else in the family is either.

2. Mogget

Every company does things that are problematic. Chick-Fil-A's is close to home, but not unique. Buy products from a company that does problematic things does not necessarily constitute an endorsement of their business or philanthropic practices. I wouldn't worry about it.

3. Hawthorne

Okay I think what they do is horrible, but that does not mean the people that work there are horrible. They do not have to accept us and how we are, though the hate that is spawned by their actions should be not allowed that is what the main problem in my eyes is. The bible says to not promote or spawn hate which is my main stance(yes strange you can be a christian and be gay believe me I know) It just depresses me with all the hate that is coming out with this and the Christians are supposedly anti-hate which is just ridiculous cause majority of fighting is them wanting everyone to convert. Believe me I am not one to force it down peoples throats but that is what they seem to like to do.

4. LailaForbidden

I don't think it would be worth it. You'd possibly be starting a fight and for what? a bigoted president and a few pieces of chicken? I dunno. i probably wouldn't have said anything either.

5. LisforLisa

I think it's great that they have there own opinion. I personally disagree with them but I don't boycott them. If I wanted to boycott anti-gay companies I would have to boycott everything. The owners of oil companies don't support gays. If I boycotted them I wouldn't be able to drive anywhere plus gasoline is in so many objects.

I think it's dumb they stated there opinion and people should shut up about it. I personally wouldn't have said anything to your cousin.

6. Night Rain

Most of the gas is from Canada.

You don't really have to boycott everything, just those that have alternatives, and picking a different fast food store is very easy. Let's put it this way, boycott is a big word, how about "not support"? It's really weird that you support a fast food chain that is now known as the symbol of anti-gay. You may not see it as a big deal, but the incident on August 1 says otherwise.

And really, the least you can do to contribute to the fight for your rights is not buying at Chick-fil-A.:tantrum: