1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come out, now I'm confused all over again.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Unseen Tenacity, Jan 22, 2008.

1. So last week I finally came out to one of my friends and I've been on a roll ever since. So now most of my friends know and they've all taken it surprisingly well but for some reason the other day I started thinking "Well what if I'm not gay" and now I can't stop thinking about it. Before I told people I was 100% sure that I was gay and now I know that I'm gay, because girls absolutely nothing for me but I can't stop thinking that I'm not.

Sorry if that post is too confusing.

2. pirateninja

You're probably just worried that now everybody sees you as gay that you don't want to have to go through "Actually, I'm not." Which makes you appear only more confused.

If girls do nothing for you, then I suggest you don't worry. You sound gay to me :thumbsup:

3. that made me lol

4. JSG

JSG Guest

I've always said there's a possibility I may one day be with a girl, just in case I do fall in love with a girl.
    But I def identify as gay.

5. ebra

i think we all feel like that at some point in time or another. its natural. its just because its such a big step, and yeah we get scared that we might have to take it back. you came out because u were sure and u were ready. trust yourself and just go with it. and if you end up with a girl that does nothing for you, worry about it then, but until then, just enjoy being who you are.

6. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes I wonder that too...like, 'what if I fall for a guy, then am I still a lesbian?' But thankfully I still haven't fallen for any guys...just don't see it happening...and I'd still say you're gay, so no worries.

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's really super common to have doubts about being non-straight initially... there's basically a lifetime of "being straight is good/being straight is the only way/being non-straight is just a phase" garbage to get past, so it's totally normal that people would have doubts. It's really more remarkable when some people DON'T have any doubts, when they just know.

8. hockeyfan1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I came out within the past month and had that EXACT same thing happen. It's still happening a bit.

The best advice I can offer is just to realize (a) you're going through a lot so you're overthinking things a bit (b) when you were thinking clearly, you could tell you were gay (c) if your family was cool with you being gay, they won't care one bit if you end up falling in love with a woman.

good luck man hope it works out for you